free website stats program Winter seaside in Italy | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter seaside in Italy

ugocon

Ciao everybody!
Just sharing with you a couple of pictures of a solo trip I had yesterday from Rome to Porto S. Stefano, a maritime village base of ferries to Corsica and Sardinia.
It's on a promontory called Monte Argentario and in summer is an expensive (and crowded) holiday resort of Tuscany.

Left at 3.00 PM, arrived there at 5.00 PM.
Pretty cold: 7 °C/44 °F

Just few pictures and then back to... Rome/Home. :)

First picture is the harbor of Porto S.Stefano, then my Street Bob in front of Orbetello, a city in the middle of a lagoon with three narrow land stripes connecting the homeland to the promontory. Last is the route on Google-Maps.

Ciao
Ugo

Attachments

• Resize of 23012010072.jpg
    Resize of 23012010072.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Resize of 23012010074.jpg
    Resize of 23012010074.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Resize of Route_Ugo_01-20-2010.JPG
    Resize of Route_Ugo_01-20-2010.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 43
Ahh...a long and pretty ride with a fine V-Twin to take out...Nirvana is available with just a twist of the wrist...thank you for the nice pix...Italy is on my bucket list! :D

I was checking about dates in Lugano and... found this fresh news:
CdT.ch - Niente Harley-Davidson a Lugano
It's a Swiss newspaper of the Italian speaking Canton Ticino (where Lugano is sited) announcing that the City Council realized suddenly that 10,000 bikers are too many for the city thus denied the already given permission for the meeting because it's simply... a SCARY event! :newsmile070:

News of yesterday!

Unbelievable!

They're probably worried about scaring the cows.

Bah!

Ciao
Ugo

Nice pics & great looking bike - beats the cold n rain in the UK. I'm doing Garda & Como lakes in August, thanks for sharing Ugo!

Cruiser

Nice pix. I love my country (even with Comrade Obama in charge) but gotta admit, you have got lots of HISTORY over in Europe. Would love to visit just to walk around and check things out. I like your scoot too, doesn't look like a typical Street Bob, ya did good!

Back