free website stats program Winter riding. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter riding.

My riding gear is textile with a goretex liner and a zip in/out thermal liner it is 100% waterproof and windproof jacket ahs an inner and outer zip's which are offset to prevent air from getting through boots are goretex and thinsulate lined and are good for standing around in very cold conditions but too efficient for walking in gloves are also goretex lined
I wear multiple layers under the outer gear and I usually stay warm and dry I try to avoid snow but can get caught out
I did a 50 mile ride late april temp just above freezing and I had enough feeling in my fingers to hand roll a cigarette when I arrived at my destination
If the core of your body is kept warm your body will push heat to the extremities ie fingers toes and ears if your body gets cold it will sacrifice the extremities to save the core organs
There are many options to staying warm but many layers with wind and waterproof outer layer works for me

Brian

All sound advice, buy a couple turtle neck heavy T-shirts to start your layering. They work wonders on keeping the neck and chest warm too.

Your hands will probably be the part of you that will get the coldest since they are in the wind stream. I have heated glove liners that work very well. Riding back from Salt Springs a few years back it was 28 degrees when we left, my hands were the only part that did not get cold.

All good reading here. I not a fan of layers I like to be able to move around and not be like the little kid from Christmas story. Haha. I'm going to try the heated vest for now I also order a face mask too. As far for my fingers. I have heated grips but of that not going to work I'll invest in some heated gloves.
WAP.gif

I like wearing ski pants from Dicks sporting goods they are light, comfortable, easy on and off, they pack very small, just $30. Almost forgot, warm. The wife likes for me to wear leather but I almost never do. The ski paints are just too comfortable and easy.

Back