Winter riding.

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by sadragna, Oct 20, 2015.

1. sadragna

sadragna Member

Hello everyone. I'm looking to get some information on what is good to wear for some winter riding as long as there not snow on the ground I'll take a ride.
    [​IMG]

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Dress in layers, I like wearing Under Armour Heated gloves if you have them and a face mask

3. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

your windshield makes it easy,but the one on a RK won't help your hands,good insulated gloves or heated are good,snowmobile suits or even bottoms with the suspenders are what I use.And layers as stated,then if it warms up you can shed some.

4. sadragna

sadragna Member

Thanks guys jamesearl I don't have the RK anymore I traded for a limited CVO
    [​IMG]

5. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Nothing better then the leathers, chaps, coat and gloves. Cutting the wind makes a huge differences.

6. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

Well,we'll both see this winter then,just got a batwing myself,from everything I see it'll keep the wind off the hands.

7. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

8. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I like layers & leather, tight next to skin then looser as you go out. If you don't have leather, rain gear blocks wind & traps heat pretty well. I use a neoprene face mask with my shorty helmet, or a face shield with my 3/4 helmet. A chemical hand warmer packet from the sporting good store in the toe of each boot. Geezer gave me a heated Gerbing vest last Feb., so no more layers on top for me. :lero

9. sadragna

sadragna Member

I'm looking into these gerbing vest thanks for all the good tips and info
    [​IMG]

10. sadragna

sadragna Member