free website stats program Winter Riding Apparel | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter Riding Apparel

Ok we call that a nice riding day here :)
Under Armour and PolarTEC undergarments will work real well for you they help keep heat in but do not over heat you .
I like the Polartec tops because of the thumb hole in the end of the sleeve they do not ride up the arm on you.
longjohns.jpg

A mid-weight set of gauntlet gloves to heavy and your hands will hurt from over size grip and they get to warm in that weather cost 50-how much you got.
A vest, leather jacket and chaps your good to ride.
If you do not have hard lowers a set of soft-lowers are are amazing about 50-60 bucks for the good HD ones. great once it drops below 50 degrees.
Fleece face cover for face and under helmet 9-20 bucks depend were you buy it and who's designer name is one it.
Good boots with Gortex help with some fleece or thermal type socks 10-20 bucks same reason as above.
cheap set of boot condoms meant for the rain but work real nice in cold.
12-50 bucks.
What Smitty said:s

Exactly what smitty said
but my jacket is the fxgr jacket, i think its a great jacket; just my opinion. Oh it also prevents you from overheating( its a 3 in 1 )
waterproof, winter/fall & spring jacket
i got mine on clearance being the yr befores model for about $250 well worth it

30 to 40 deg, I have to cover my face, head, and neck with a Baklava, I no the spelling is wrong, don't care $10. I also like clear glasses with the strap and the foam to keep the air out $20

I live in Boone, NC so you can subtract about 10 degrees from your temp and that is what I ride in a lot. I do come down off the mountain a lot more in the winter. I got the Gerbings heated gloves and boot inserts, maybe overkill for NC but at my age cold feet and hands gets old quick. Don't remember the cost got them from Heated Clothing Outlet on net less than at a dealer but still not cheap.

Now I gotta ask is that extended Deluxe for real?

I dress in layers, never just put on a heavy sweatshirt and think it is good and look like ralphie's kid brother from Christmas story.

. I usually have under armour, or a t-shirt, then a thin long sleeve thermal, and keep adding layers.

I would rather have layers to take off then not have and be cold

Back