free website stats program Winter Project! 1988 Sportster Basket Case :/ | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter Project! 1988 Sportster Basket Case :/

I would agree with Patting yourself on the Back. Sounded nice on the video. I could almost HEAR you Smiling with Pride. Keep up the Good work.
tourbox

Thanks everyone
I really appreciate all the comments and advice.
I'm certainly happy !
I'm almost done putting things together waiting in a couple of parts I ordered (brake lines, throttle sleeve, speedo cable etc)
I can wait to get it down from the lift and take it out for ride... Especially because I want to check out the transmission ..( while in the lift ...it keeps giving me a second neutral in between 3rd and 4th gears.. ) makes me un-easy.
I just want to role it and see what happens when in action.
The paint job in the spare set of tins is coming out pretty good so far.
Will update with pics soon
Thanks again

You have got to be proud of yourself! Out of boxes and back to life is just about on everyones bucket list that I know! I really like the paint, very cool. You're almost there, I have my fingers crossed that the trans is spot on! Really nice job.

Thanks everyone.
I feel pretty happy ... To know that just a year ago I was watching YouTube videos on how to airbrush stuff :)
This tank and fenders are all airbrushed and even the Harley Davidson lettering is airbrushed "no cheap decals here "
I'm hopping to mount them this week while I'm still waiting for a couple parts and try to take it for an spin next weekend.

It does look very good to me and i hope the gearbox is good once you get the bike on the road
It does seem that the winter project will be completed long before the end of winter however i do understand how a bike project can get under your skin and you do nothing else in life until it is completed :)

Brian

Memories of old school motorcycling...spreading out your scooter, all over the living room floor, over the winter. Then, putting her back together in time for riding season. There is no substitute for knowing every nut and bolt of your ride.

If she comes to you in a basket, I suggest you take her all the way down, and make sure she goes back together...strictly kosher. Your life depends on it...literally.

I loved my '73 XLCH. She is somewhere in Amsterdam right now...

May the force be with you,
Rich P

Back