free website stats program Winter oil change | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter oil change

geezer

Contributor
I dragged my heels to long hoping to get more riding in but we got winter here the other day with snow and ice on the roads. I have about 600 miles on the last oil change and was wondering if I should worry about it. My last ride was around 250 miles so the oil got hot and hopefully burned off all the condensation. Your thoughts?

I'd say leave it in with that few miles and the last ride should have burned out any moisture that may have been present.

+1 with TripleJ.
Is bike inside? heated?
I built my "Hog Shack" on side of garage, have small heater inside, keeps it a nice 75 degrees.
Be Safe
wilks3

should be just fine. Last year mine had about 1k miles on it when I bedded it down. No problems. This year it has a couple hundo miles so I am not worried.

Should be good to go...nice time to line up mods you were thinking of doing to the bike...ha-ha-ha, here at HDTimeline it is easy for us to help you spend your dollars (as if you needed any...)! :newsmile062::small3d036:

Thanks for the replies. I thought I would be OK but wanted to check with the experts. As far as this forum spending my money, been there and done that. Not sure if HDTimeline has saved me any money with all the tips because I spend it all on updates and add-ons I read about here. lol Wouldn't want it any other way. Thanks guys.

Thanks for the replies. I thought I would be OK but wanted to check with the experts. As far as this forum spending my money, been there and done that. Not sure if HDTimeline has saved me any money with all the tips because I spend it all on updates and add-ons I read about here. lol Wouldn't want it any other way. Thanks guys.

here is my take......ride it once a month through out the winter for at least 15miles per ride....put some seafoam in the gas tank....in the spring change the oil regardless of mileage..thats what i do allways worked out well for me

here is my take......ride it once a month through out the winter for at least 15miles per ride....put some seafoam in the gas tank....in the spring change the oil regardless of mileage..thats what i do allways worked out well for me

Haven't been to Manitoba in winter, have you? Snowballs chance in Jamaica of having roads good enough or salt free to ride during the winter. It happens occassionaly where you can ride in January but very, very seldom. She's stored 'til spring now.
Geezer, You're bike should be good for the winter after putting a decent ride in before storing in that heated (I'm jealous now) garage.

Back