Winter Mods

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by theklanchXL1200N, Mar 23, 2008.

1. theklanchXL1200N

theklanchXL1200N Active Member

Hey everybody just wanted to post some of the mods I made on the bike over the winter....

V&H Fuelpak, which made a huge difference in the way the bike runs

Screamin eaglet Stage 1 air filter kit (waiting till my wallet agrees with the K&N filter for it)

A taller sissy bar, I had one of those short rail sissy bars on it and the mrs. hated it. So I got her a medallion style gloss black one with the embossed bar and shield pad, she says that it looks like it might help her back and bottom when we ride long distance. I managed to get welders flash burn in my eyes as one of the bolts in the old sissy bar stuck and I had to weld another bolt onto it because I stripped out the torx head. Worst pain I ever felt in my life, but she has a new sissy bar now, so I better not hear any complaints... And I learned a valuable lesson about welding, which is that just a second without a hood (I used the look and close your eyes technique) is all it takes to put you in a world of pain

4" gloss black risers, for my back and I love the way they look. I managed to make all the stock wiring and brake line work, I had to reroute some of the wiring and tweaked the brake line ever so slightly, but it worked. I am going to change the brake line ASAP to a braided one piece version. I really considered apes, but I think a lot of nightster owners are going the ape hanger route, I wanted something a little different

Still to come:

V&H staggered shortshots in black of course, or some other comparably priced black exhaust setup.

Wide white walls if I can find them (probably next winter the my tires are still in pretty good shape)

I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to post pictures.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Check this area out.

Harley Davidson Community
  3. hjacobson1

hjacobson1 Active Member

Do the risers you have have any bend back to the rider? if so where did you get them?

4. theklanchXL1200N

theklanchXL1200N Active Member

I got them from a guy on ebay that has a store that does black powder coating. They are straight
  5. JoeBoy

JoeBoy Member

Would love to see those pics. Looking at adding a sissy bar myself. I think I will poke around the gallery and see what 1200Ns are posted there. I am still finding my way around here. :29: