free website stats program Winter Clothes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter Clothes

Smitty, can this Polartech be had at Army- Navy surplus stores?
Jack: You can find military polartec garments at surplus stores, military clothing sales on forts/bases and even on ebay. Doubt you'll need it there in the sunshine state though!!!

Jack: You can find military polartec garments at surplus stores, military clothing sales on forts/bases and even on ebay. Doubt you'll need it there in the sunshine state though!!!

Thanks Cyclops, it is cold for this time of year never made 50 today, after the ride to work and no heat to speak of in the shop well I am cold:p

I'm wearing the Carhartt quilt lined Duck Bib Overalls/Black this year and man do they work well. I have worn them at just below freezing so far and the only thing that gets cold now are my finger tips (thinsulate lined gloves).

I wonder how many of you ware Scarfs.. I use to think that was kinda sissyfied to ware one.. then I got into fishing for big catfish and spent alot of time out on the Cumberland River in Pursuit of that bigun.. and Winter time is the best time to get that bigun. and I met this old feller from way up yonder and he told me I should get me a scarf. and I did and when I'm out fishing in the cold I make sure I got mine on.. Seems to work real good riding the RK to..

Don't use a scarf, though now I use a leather "Its a Wrap" with fleece liner to seal the collar area of the jacket and pull it over my chin or nose depending on how cold it is. Leather chaps, Harley or Hein Gehrke Jacket with removable quilted liner (and zip vents); thermal undergarmets if going on trip with expected extra low temperatures, Belstaff Kevlar w/ thinsulate liner gauntlets...don't forget to not grip too tight, only hook your fingers around grips, down to the mid 30*F's...:D

Typically I only wear leathers i.e., chaps, heavy jacket with liner and neck wrap, and gaunlet gloves with liner, and Harley boots with 2 pr socks, if that doesn't keep me warm then I don't go riding, usually not below 40, although sometimes in the upper 30's. brrrrr!

Lowest temps I have riding in is 19 degrees and the heated gear kept me toasty warm. :D
Well worth the money spent extends the riding season in colder climates. As long as no snow or snow melt across roads I am able to ride. Now finding someone ready willing and able is another story.

Lowest temps I have riding in is 19 degrees and the heated gear kept me toasty warm. :D
Well worth the money spent extends the riding season in colder climates. As long as no snow or snow melt across roads I am able to ride. Now finding someone ready willing and able is another story.

I'm with you. Layers and heated gear is where it's at if you want to ride below freezing. I had a FirstGear one piece suit and heated gloves last winter. The suit works good but a little bulky. The gloves only lasted one winter before the liner wore out and the wires get hot enough to burn without insolation.

I picked up a set of Gerbing heated gloves and heated jacket liner this year. The Gerbing is much better quality and not that much difference in price. The last couple of mornings the temps have been in the lower 20s and I'm toasty.

I have noticed there haven't been a lot of motorcycles on the road the last couple of weeks.

Back