free website stats program Windvest 8" | Harley Davidson Forums

Windvest 8"

Nitrocrushr

This past week I installed an 8" Dark Smoke Windvest on my '08 Ultra Classic. My previous windshield was a 12" stock shield from HD and I wanted a lower profile sportier looking shield that didn't give me the wind buffeting like some of the others I had tried. I am very pleased with the performance and look of this shield. I'm 6' 1" and I am able to cruise down the highway comfortable and with no wind buffeting at all with this windshield, and it looks great on the bike!!

Here's a couple pics. I know when I was researching, I had a hard time trying to find good pictures of the 8" Windvest.

UltraClassic8-2-09004.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/Nitrocrushr/UltraClassic8-2-09011.jpg

Steve

WindVest is a nice product, solid mounting and quite sturdy, finished hardware. BUT is quite pricey for what you get. Was thinking about small one for my Sporty, but the coverage was like the bikini cafe rider' screen, then found that it was $100 more than HD Quick Release version which gave me pause.

I can certainly understand why the Windvest pricing gave you pause. It did me but after trying 3 windshields including the H-D removable and being unhappy with them all I broke down and purchased one. Hoping I wasn't throwing good money after bad.

I have been using it for almost 3 years now. It works very well and reduced my helmet buffeting by about 90%. I'm 6' using a Corbin seat. Good luck with your search.

Attachments

• 2008 08 13 twosmall.jpg
    2008 08 13 twosmall.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back