free website stats program windshields | Harley Davidson Forums

windshields

sambo725

have 2008 sg,what is the best!!! recurve windshied????now have the 9 in memphis shade but still have alot of wind buffetting. suggestions???am 6ft 2

If 20 people respond, you will have 16 different answers. Do a search, there's pages and pages about windshields.
Oh, mine is the best, but it's not a recurve.:p

As Breeze said, there is no single, correct answer to your question. Many, myself included, have literally spent hundreds of dollars searching for the perfect shield. The proper height shield is one that you are still looking slightly over the top of so I'm convinced you can never eliminate 100% of the buffeting. I'm currently using the 8 1/2 Clearview with recurve and it's pretty close to perfect for me.

You may also want to install a fork baffle and some fairing side air deflectors before throwing any more money at the actual windshield. These help a lot!

9 inch slight flip Long Ride Shield for my 09 SG with a MCC mod-ed RG seat, and I am 5'10"; fits right between my chin and lips; just where it is comfortable. Can still see over it and duck under it if needed be.

Just got the 10.5 clearview recurve, quality shield + flip for air diversion. im 5.8 & see over shield

thanks for the comments,i have the fairing deflectors, never rode my fatboy or rk with windshield and did not mind the wind but i am 55 now and want a easy ride! i usually cruise at 140-160 km , that is 90-100mph for my american fellow riders that dont understand metric.ha ha.should i slow down??:??

I'm running a CeeBailey 12 which is about the same height as a Harley 9 inch. no buffeting to speak of but it could be an inch or two higher pushing air higher and I would still see over it fine (6'2"). I do think windshields are personal...some of the experience is what helmet you have, etc.. good luck.

Phil

Back