free website stats program windshields 2008 flhx | Harley Davidson Forums

windshields 2008 flhx

sambo725

anybody try the klockwersks windshield yet? i run the 9 inch memphis shade and it does not provide the same wind protection as my 94 rk did with stock windshield

I've got an order in on the Clearview 6 1/2 inch with recurve on top. Bad news is they're saying 4 to 6 weeks production time. Haven't read anything bad about these shields, though. Let everyone know when it's installed what my thoughts are.

Yep. Got it in opaque black for the Ultra. It dramatically changes the look of the bike, but doesn't perform very well at any speed over 40mph. Way to much wind noise and helmet buffeting for my tastes.
My next purchase will be a Cee Bailey's. I've had experience with their product on my Beemer and they work phenomenally well.

I have a Klockwerks om my SG. I put it on in June, and so far I love it! I bought it for the looks, but I found out it does offer more wind protection too! I'm 5'11" and it works great! I have 5 windshields...The others are on the shelf now!

I have a 8" clearview Recurve. Works so well I may go with a 6".
Clearview Shields - for the best ride you'll ever see

However I found another one for cruisers called windvest:
8screenthumb.jpg

Windvest

I've got the 14" CeeBailey SSC for my StreetGlide. Windshield looks really good on the bike, but I'm actually disappointed in it's performance. I get significantly more wind noise and buffeting than I do from my 9 1/2" Clearview w/recurve. I'm 6', but have a long body, so I sit fairly high. I wish the SSC worked better because I really like the looks, but the wind is almost unbearable above 50 mph.

Just put my Clearview 6 inch with recurve on yesterday and I love it so far. Much less buffeting around the head and quieter, too. I can actually hear my crummy stock speakers much better!

Back