free website stats program windshield water repellant | Harley Davidson Forums

windshield water repellant

broncobob

anybody have a good solution to keep water off the shields. i know rain-x is not recommended for lexan and the harley water repellant towletes don't work well. i have a long trip to make down south and i will be riding through alot of rain for the next few days. i hate hanging a towel out in front of the windshield at 65 mph

anybody have a good solution to keep water off the shields. i know rain-x is not recommended for lexan and the harley water repellant towletes don't work well. i have a long trip to make down south and i will be riding through alot of rain for the next few days. i hate hanging a towel out in front of the windshield at 65 mph

Try some Pledge

I'm confused - what does hanging a towel on your windshield do except block your view if you look through the shield?

And if you don't look through the shield, then why do you need to keep the water off of it?

Some people use Pledge.
If in time your windshield gets scratched enough, they're costly but look into an F4 Speedglass windshield. Water beads right off and blows away.

I use Novus 1. Cleans and coats the windshield. Made to use on plastic. It has been working great so far.

I have always used a product called Bug Slide to clean the wind screen. Seems to make the rain bead off, but not as well as RainX does on glass

Glenreeder is close, I use car wax after I use my Brand "Y" Windscreen plexglass cleaner" Wax finish makes the beads of water "blow off" so the windscreen stays pretty much clear "at speed". Real tough on foggy nights though, as you generally ride slow, and temperature changes from one fog bank to the next can come up rather suddenly in Central & Coastal areas of California. Makes me very thankful for wearing a half helmet with faceshield that has air blowing on both sides, very rarely fogs to opaque...thankfully.

Back