free website stats program Windshield Ratings | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield Ratings

Fatboy2007

OK, I need some help deciding what windshield I want to get for my 07 Fatboy.
Please, if you have a windshield on your Fatboy, let me know what type and the pro's and con's.... Or if you have experience with different types, please compare the differences... Please note actual performance for wind deflection, turbulence, effect of wind gusts, and anything else that may apply... Any information is appreciated... I just don't want to pay for a huge windshield if a smaller one will do... Also interested in performance in cold weather performance....

I have a stock one on mine think its about a 17"er needs to be taller for me at 6'0" i want to add a recurve on mine ..

all the other things you will ask for gonna be subjective to that rider

I use the QR H-D 14" Lightly smoked on for my 2004 Sportster...it may be slightly low, but being only 5' 6" and when in normal riding position the top edge is 3" below my sight horizon. No buffetting, but can easily tuck down in the wind or rise up if windscreen goes opaque in fog so I can see over the top easily.

Pros - the quick release mounting hardware works easily as advertised (had to buy the new QR lever lock for 2010) and Lexan screen is distortion free; materials and workmanship are first rate.:a

Cons - the only downside is it is too expensive new...had to buy used at half the price, at nearly four bills it knocks the H-D "hunerd dollah" threshold down flat.:p

Have the QD Harley standard winshield on my FXSTC. Very easy to put on and off and could be for thieves as well, but haven't experienced that. Makes the top easy to clean when removed. Do experience wind buffeting at high speeds, but I have gotten used to it. During the late spring and fall when the loves bugs are out it is a Godsend!

I had HD windshield, too much buffeting for me. Put on the 14" x 14" WindVest windshield. Alot less buffeting and no bug face when riding. Check out their website.

http:WindVest

tn672s3.jpg

wilks3

Last edited by a moderator:
since everyone is different i would go to a dealer and ask if you can try out a couple. I talked to a dealer about it and they said they would let me take a windshield for a couple of hours then put on another one. great customer service!

I put a "Clearview" shield on my '09 Heritage with the recurve feature... works great. Made the "Bubble" bigger which helped my wife not get so much wind in her face. I also liked the fact that the thickness of the shield is greater, which I feel like it makes it more structurally sound. :D

Back