free website stats program Windshield rain treatment | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield rain treatment

I also want to warn against using RainX on eye glasses. I did this once, thinking that if it did good on the windshield, it would work on my eyeglasses too. WRONG! It ended up ruining the anti glare coating and for the rest of the trip, I had spots in front of my eyes.

OK OK thanks for your replies and enough about the rain ex, when I started thes post I mentioned rain x windshield cleaner that was spoken about on another site, it is different that the regular rain x. Still probably not a good idea to use that either.

SO WITH THE EXCEPTION OF RAIN X I ASK AGAIN WHAT IS THE BEST PRODUCT TO SHED THE RAIN OFF OF A HARLEY DAVIDSON WINDSHIELD
THAT HAS GOOD LIFE AND DOES NOT FOG?

THANK YOU!

You don't specifically mention this but have you replaced your stock windshield? How high? Are you looking through it or over it?

I have a Clearview with recurve that sits just below my sight line but deflects most of the wind over my head. I really don't care what the water does on my shield, I'm not looking through it.

You don't specifically mention this but have you replaced your stock windshield? How high? Are you looking through it or over it?

I have a Clearview with recurve that sits just below my sight line but deflects most of the wind over my head. I really don't care what the water does on my shield, I'm not looking through it.

I put a stock ultra winshield on a street glide and a stock ultra seat on it as well and at 6'2" I can look over it but in heavy North west rains I look through it.

If I hace a open face helmet I hate the feeling of the rain hit my face and a full face is just 2 things to wipe off while ridding, don't care if the wind hits me but that is pretty much coverd with the tall windshied, fairing wings and fairing lowers.

still thinking about a 17 inch windshield and one of these............
PEER-CLEAR WIPER™ -product-list

Hobbit does the stuff shed watter good? IYO on a scale from 1 to 10 how do you rate it?

How about fogging or pin hole rain drops? Night ridding?

I realized the other day with out looking at the brand name I got some glove proof from Nikwax and that seems to be some great stuff so I might make the 100 mile round trip back to the same store and get some of the stuff your talking about.

Ok I'll get geared up and head south and pick some up, I have been using Gliders lemon pledge but that leaves a foggy residue that I do not like.

What I have read on the visor proof is that is does not fog, and I was really impressed by the glove proof on my T-5 gloves, they stay hotter when there water proofed!

Back