Windshield rain treatment

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by bikerfishman, Feb 10, 2010.

1. bikerfishman

bikerfishman Active Member

Just wondering what you guys think is the best stuff to keep the rain of a touring windshield.

Most of my ridding is between 35 and 70 mph and have tried turtle wax but was not impressed, how does Pledge work and does the flavor mater?
    The Harley wipes seem very pricey, Plexus sound good but also pricey,
    I also heard the rain x windshield cleaner not the treatment may work too but am skeptical since rain x is a no no on plastic.

I am looking for long lasting but also economical but the long lasting over rules the latter.

Thanks

2. softailhog

softailhog Active Member

3. bikerfishman

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Bad experiences with rainx try novus or pledge after a good cleaning

5. bikerfishman

Just rode to the store and got some pledge, and was not the impressed, in a misting rain it just made tiny pin hole drops and at 60 they were not going anywere.

Next?

6. JDPEagle

JDPEagle Active Member

Add me to the "Pledge" fan club. Even use the stuff on the canopy of the airplane!

If that doesn't work the way you wanted, I have had some luck with NuFinish.

7. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

I only use Plexis on the windshield and helmet visor. Works awesome and it allows the water to just role off the surface. Very nice stuff.

8. bikerfishman

9. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Pledge works OK. RainX has a history of not being good for plastic windshields and such.

10. krikket

krikket Active Member

I didn't find Pledge very effective as a rain treatment. However, I'm comparing it to Rain-x on a car windshield.