free website stats program Windshield or not windshield? That is the question... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield or not windshield? That is the question...

Agreed... Not on a Crossbones

Not on a Crossbones??

I tell you what my dealer told me:
One Customer ordered a Crossbones WITH a windshield.
Everybody in the shop was horrified at the thought of such a blaspheme union....
But the Customer is always right, so, after trying to dissuade him with no luck, they ordered the bike and the "infamous" accessory.

After a while the bike was delivered together with the windshield and the dealer installed it for the final delivery to the Client.

And everybody was amazed! :11:

They liked the look and the windshield was fitting the bike perfectly.

They apologized with the Customer for doubting of his choice and they still discuss about that day, summing up that ... "Never say never" ! :s

Following are some examples of Crossbones with windshield (but they assured me that the "live" view is much better!)

Bonesred2.jpg

DSC00855-1.jpg

57701_08_L_22b12.jpg

Apr01_0006.JPG

Ciao
Ugo

I had never ridden with a windshield until I bought the HD quick release compact for my Sporty. Last year on our way to Myrtle Beach we rode in a tsunami from Savannah to Myrtle Beach and that day it was worth every cent I paid for it. It hasn't come off the bike since. I'm happier on the interstate with it also, I like the protection from things flying at me, and when if it comes off, there's nothing left behind, no hardware at all:newsmile106:

I've seen a few crossbones with the shields on....just looks horrible. I agree that the customer is always right. This customer just threw up in his mouth looking at those pics. :)

I'm large and very secure in my manhood and I will always run a windshield on all bikes I own. I don't care what anybody thinks 'bout windshields. I don't care whether anyone thinks I'm cool or not, I got over that insecure junior high nonsense many years ago! My bike my bug free face!:s

I road from Camp Pendleton to Pierce Arizona in Jan 09 just before I left for Iraq. Its about 500 miles and riding that far only stopping for fuel; on a average of 75-85 mph and all that stinking sand I was wanting a windshield. Looking into one of those quick release windshields.

Put the windshield on my Sportster the other night.
Can't say I'm thrilled with the look but...

at 65 mph I am quite pleased that my arms aren't being pulled straight.
After a days commute, I found that hand-fatigue was substantially lessened.

Buffeting is minimal; much less than a full-on blast anyway.

Judging from the sound of the motor, I would guess that there is LESS drag with a windshield than with my exposed torso, convex thought it may be!

I fitted a quick release standard HD ws to my sporty recently. The bike does not look as good with it on imo and the first time I used it was to ride up to where Hobbit lives to do some work on the sporty. Hobbit, bless him, covered up his horror at the sight of one of his beloved sportys wearing a window :lolrolling, the guy is so big hearted - he even made a brew.
Kidding aside - it keeps the windage down a whole lot and keeps the bugs off so functionally it's a plus on highway rides but theres no doubt imo that the ride is more fun when it's off especially on the twists and turns - and that's the beaut of the easy detachable ws.

Use it when you feel it's right for the conditions or when you're feeling strictly vegetarian and bugs are off the menu - whatever. It's just another tool - and it's part of YOUR bike so suit yourself, that's one of the great qualities of motorcycling :D.

12 years older now since I rode my first bike with out a wind shield.

My neck can't take those 3-4 hrs rides any more with a stong head wind.

I like having a wind shield.

No more bugs or debris in my face.

i took the quick detach windshield off my bike the other day and what a difference. my ride is 18 miles long average speed 60 mph. on the way home it was 95 degrees. at the end of both rides my lower back (i have had 3 surgeries on it) i was hit by things i am not sure bugs small rocks or was it gravel? my half helmet felt like it was trying t o come off the back of my head.
needless to say got home put the windshield back on. if i was going to be running around at an average speed of 50mph or lower i would keep it off.

Back