free website stats program Windshield Choices | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield Choices

Wait... to clarify- when it's raining you guys like to look OVER the windshield? I duck behind mine in the rain to be able to see, plus it doesn't feel like I am getting my whole face tattooed!! Am I backwards here?

I thought I was the only one different.. we ride a lot of miles and there have been days we had to ride all day in the rain to keep our schedule. My windshield is about 2" above my line of sight and I have never had a problem seeing through it. Some one said dirty... my windshield is never dirty and if it gets buggy I carry my own cleaning clothes in saddle bags... Never.. I REPEAT NEVER use a paper towel to clean your windshield.. it scratches... I have seen some windshields so scratched up you can not see through on a perfect sunny day

Haven't heard anyone comment on the Klock Werks windshields and would like to hear some feedback on the 8" as well as the 12" ones. - Thanks FXRS

Installed a 6.5" Klock werks last weekend on the streetglide.Yesterday was my first highway test.Im 6' and the stock windshield as we all know is useless, causing severe turbulance at eye level.The 6.5 did stop my glasses from doing jumping jacks but still left some turbulance on the sides of the noggin.I think the way the sides of the shield drop down is the culprit for this.

I would not recomend going any taller than a 6.5" with Klockwerks.The road distortion created looking through this shield is so severe, actualy ducking behind this shield for cover could be deemed dangerous.
Although Im happy with the look and quality of the product, Id go with the clearview in a do over.

I have a stock ,a windvest and a recurve (homemade from a stock windshield),I still don't know which one I like the best:newsmile045:

I haven't tried the KW, but did try one from Cee Bailey's that has as similar design. The shield looked really good on the bike, but that was about it. I had a 13", which according to their website is similar to a 10" regular shield. At speeds over about 30 mph, I found the wind speed caused the shield to lower, causing increased wind turbulence. Also, the curves in the shield cause a tremendous amount of distortion if you try to look through the shield.

I have steered clear of the KW Shields because I use a windshield pouch, and the KW WS would render that necessity useless.

That's what clinched it for me too, lew. I use my windshield pouches all the time and although I like the look of the KWs, my triple pouches would be useless. I'm going with the Clearview recurve. I'll order it today as soon as I determine the correct size.

thinking of one of those recurve windshields probably the 8 in for an ultra classic, any thought, opinions on these?

Back