free website stats program Windshield Bag vibration | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield Bag vibration

Buzzy

I installed HD 3 pocket windshield bags on my '08 EGC. They vibrate and are generally annoying from about 1200 to 1800 rpm. Anyone else have this problem and does anyone know how to minimize or eliminate it?

I have them and they do vibrate, I suppose the vibration could be reduced with some foam tape (weather seal) behind them on the windshield. I have found I can live with it but I had to take my TicTac's out of there sounded like a Marakkas Band coming down the road. Also velcroed my garage door opener to the inside back of one pouch as it was getting shaken up pretty good.

Last edited:
I installed HD 3 pocket windshield bags on my '08 EGC. They vibrate and are generally annoying from about 1200 to 1800 rpm. Anyone else have this problem and does anyone know how to minimize or eliminate it?

Stick on Velcro strips behind them.

I have the single windshield bag, and it vibrates like crazy also.
I stuffed some 1/2" thick foam rubber up under it between the bottom and the inner fairing. That helped quite a bit.

Rod

My wife gave me my windshield bag as a gift some time ago so I am not sure it is actually HD. It has about a 1/4" thick stiff backing with a cutout in the center and two notches one on each end. The bags themselves I think may be pleather and the flaps fasten with velcro. I found that it is very important in reducing vibration to make sure the backing is stuffed as far down between the windshield and the inner fairing as you can get it. Then, you must tighten the three screws as tight as you dare without twisting loose the brass inserts set in the inner fairing.

TQ

I've got the 2 pouch on my SG I noticed if it's not closed tight i get noise. Nothing like the pouch on my RoadKing though.:s

The way I reduced the vibration was to install a 100 year anniversary windshield (has the badge in the middle) and bolted the center pouch to the windshield through the leather. Most likely two sided tape would give the same effect.

Thanks guys, velcro or double sticky tape it is. Man you get addicted to having the storage handy don't ya?

I have the 3 pouch storage bags on my 09 Ultra. Yep, they vibrate a bit but I just ignore it. I didn't like the look of the clear tape you're supposed to put on the inside of the windshield so I didn't. I know I'll probably get some rub marks on the shield but they'll be behind the storage pouches and won't bother me any.

Back