free website stats program Windscreens for the '12 Ultra Limited | Harley Davidson Forums

Windscreens for the '12 Ultra Limited

KenBratt

I have found myself getting buffeted pretty heavily while highway riding (70-75 mph). Even with all of the vents/lowers closed it can be pretty harsh (very harsh when they are open). I am 5'9" and have to look through the stock windscreen (although if I sit up real straight I can see over it). Looking at different makes and models I am in a flux. I like the lightly tinted ones, but with all the various curves and waves I don't know what to pick. I would like something that would just take most of the wind over and/or around me. I have looked at a couple of threads that talked of windscreens but hasn't helped a whole lot. Anyone out there with some good input?
thanks

I've been running with the Memphis Shades windshield (good windshield) for the last few years but I just bought and installed the National Cycle Wave 10" model. It was on sale so I thought I'd give it a try.

I was surprised as I noticed an improvement on being able to hear the radio better and it did stream the air over me. (5'11").
I'm able to see over the windshield nicely.

I'm keeping it on the bike but there are a couple of drawbacks.
I can't use the windshield bags or my faring mounted GPS.

Im 5'7" and tried the klockworks 6 1/2 and 8 1/2. didnt like either so tried the clearview think the 10" and its lots better for me

I have a 8" windshield from Freedom Shields which has a recurve. I am 5'10" and had to look "through" the stock windshield, also got a lot of buffeting from the stock.
The shorter windshield with the recurve works 10 times better than stock, very little buffeting unless in a severe cross wind (no way to cure that), I can look over it by quite a ways, my wife eve says its quieter and she gets less wind than with the stock windshied. Can also hear the radio better at highway speeds and looks fantastic on the bike.
Customer service at Freedom Shields is great also.
Just my 2 cents....

I have a 8" windshield from Freedom Shields which has a recurve. I am 5'10" and had to look "through" the stock windshield, also got a lot of buffeting from the stock.
The shorter windshield with the recurve works 10 times better than stock, very little buffeting unless in a severe cross wind (no way to cure that), I can look over it by quite a ways, my wife eve says its quieter and she gets less wind than with the stock windshied. Can also hear the radio better at highway speeds and looks fantastic on the bike.
Customer service at Freedom Shields is great also.
Just my 2 cents....

Have to agree with 89stroker, I too have a 12 inch shield from Freedom Shields. It does a good job of stopping some of the wind buffering while cruising at hwy speeds. The shields is Rain X ready and looks good on the bike. Check out their web site freedomshields.net

I will definitely be checking Freedom Shields out - thanks a lot. Any recommendation concerning tinted vs clear?

I will definitely be checking Freedom Shields out - thanks a lot. Any recommendation concerning tinted vs clear?

That is really a matter of choice. The smoked looks great on my black FLHTCU. It is fairly dark but is not a problem as I look over top of it by a few inches. Couldnt find a real decent pic of it on my bike but this will give you an idea what it looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_5291.jpg
    IMG_5291.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 19
I have the light smoke on my shield. Being mine is a 12 inch shield I look thru the windshield, does not cause any problems for night riding and does a good job of keeping the bugs and rain off.

Back