free website stats program Windscreen Comparison | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windscreen Comparison

According to the moco an air baffle is not available for 2014 scooters. I will say the air flow really ain't all that bad.! But ya know... always wondering what can I mess with now! What can I make better.! It is a disease isn't it? As Bodeen said its a motorcycle after all. Sure like em!
I think they will have to redesign it, on mine the brake and clutch lines are in the way requiring cut outs on the baffle Check with http://www.kuryakyn.com/ They have new products line

I had a LRS and found it too easy to scratch.I have a Freedom Shield for more than a year and like the fact that it is thicker.
Worth the extra money in My opinion.
I must agree with Harttoo. Not snake oil, just a good American Product.
Any way, I don't have a Road King so my experience is a bit different. I did get a 9" Freedom Shield for my FLHTCU that is Dark Smoked. I tried to find a dark windshield in the size that I wanted but only found it at Freedom Shield. The shield is thick too and does not flex. I have had it for about 2 years now. I would buy another if I got another bike or if something happened to the current one that I have. http://freedomshields.net/Windshields.html

I must agree with Harttoo. Not snake oil, just a good American Product.
Any way, I don't have a Road King so my experience is a bit different. I did get a 9" Freedom Shield for my FLHTCU that is Dark Smoked. I tried to find a dark windshield in the size that I wanted but only found it at Freedom Shield. The shield is thick too and does not flex. I have had it for about 2 years now. I would buy another if I got another bike or if something happened to the current one that I have. http://freedomshields.net/Windshields.html
I am wanting to replace the shield on the ultra. You have the 9" on yours, how tall are you? I'm about 6'5" and was thinking I need about 2" more than stock.

I am 5'7" and I have an 11"freedom shield.When I ride in the rain I want to be behind the shield instead of ducking under or looking over.If I wanted to be hit by bugs I would have no windshield.One time a car kicked a piece of shingle from the road that hit My windshield.I want the protection of a full windshield.Of course,it is a matter of choice.If You wear a helmet,then none of this applies.JMO

I am wanting to replace the shield on the ultra. You have the 9" on yours, how tall are you? I'm about 6'5" and was thinking I need about 2" more than stock.
I'm 5'10 with a 30" in seam. The 12" OEM was too tall for me. The top edge would be right at or just above eye level. I got the 9" that puts the top level with my nose. BTW I have a 2009 FLHTCU
EDIT: I also have a Mustang seat that lowers me down and back a bit.

I don't know if a persons height alone is a good standard for comparisons.Folks can be a certain height,but I think it's more about are you taller from the waist up,or the waist down.Some have short legs and longer torso's, others vice versa. I think Mongos info on inseam helps.I have a 10" oem on my FLHX,I'm 5'11" 30 in inseam,it fits perfect.If I raise my head,I get the wind,normal seating position is a couple inches over.

I for one am 5'11" and my inseam is a 34" and a 8 1/2" screen with O.E. seat is a perfect combo for me. The 10" shield work ok till cornering then I was looking through the top corner of screen and caused my cornering to not be smooth as I liked.

Back