free website stats program Windscreen Comparison | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windscreen Comparison

The mail slot runs a pattern of air up the rear of the windshield.To reduce turbulence is My understanding.When You close the mail slot the area behind the windshield swirls.With it open it seems calm.With the recurve windshield,there is no change when You open or close the mail slot.It is calm behind the windshield,except for what comes up from under the fairing.

Makes sense. I guess with the mail slot closed you don't get any mail either.... sorry, I had to. With my recurve, the largest amount of turbulence is by far from underneath. The only way to stop that is to slow down or stop. Neither of those are options. Thanks for the info.

Makes sense. I guess with the mail slot closed you don't get any mail either.... sorry, I had to. With my recurve, the largest amount of turbulence is by far from underneath. The only way to stop that is to slow down or stop. Neither of those are options. Thanks for the info.

I don't know if anyone else has them on the market but I installed the air baffle that Harley sells and it made a huge difference with the updraft of air that hits you in the face. I installed a nine inch Memphis Shade light gray tint 3 years ago and really like it.

No need to slow down, just go faster.:)

I don't know if anyone else has them on the market but I installed the air baffle that Harley sells and it made a huge difference with the updraft of air that hits you in the face. I installed a nine inch Memphis Shade light gray tint 3 years ago and really like it.
I have install the air baffle and made a big difference Jeff. I installed the Klock Werks flare yesterday and went for a putt. There will be some getting used to though the positives far out weigh the negatives. Especially when cornering now.

At some point when you are going fast enough everything just settles down nicely....:rolleyes:

Thanks for the input all. For $30 just might give the fork air baffle a try just for the heck of it to see what it adds or should I say takes away from the equation. Be safe folks.

Yeah, I have the baffle also and it changes the direction some. As long as you are moving forward and have no means of shielding all the air from the front of the bike. Air is going to happen in a large amount. The recurve was a big help on buffeting. There is also the air deflectors that mount to the side of the forks that some report that helps. It's a motorcycle after all.....

According to the moco an air baffle is not available for 2014 scooters. I will say the air flow really ain't all that bad.! But ya know... always wondering what can I mess with now! What can I make better.! It is a disease isn't it? As Bodeen said its a motorcycle after all. Sure like em!

Back