free website stats program windscreen coming loose | Harley Davidson Forums

windscreen coming loose

Running my RK during stop and go traffic a few weeks ago,
the detachable windscreen came loose time after time.
Do you recognize this problem?
How did you solve it?

How is the rubber grommets at the attaching points and are the anchors tight. From what I understand the clips are only added insurance for retaining shield. You are able to bend / adjust clip for more of a secure fit.

Is this one of the clips you mean?As far as I can see they are doing nothing at this moment.
How do you have to bent then for a more secure fit?clip.jpg

Is this one of the clips you mean?As far as I can see they are doing nothing at this moment.
How do you have to bent then for a more secure fit?View attachment 17223
Speedy, similar issue on my RK, I did the below:
1. Replaced the upper and lower grommets left and right side.
2. Bent the retaining clip down to where the lower part of the loop is touching the the grommets left and right. As mentioned these are to catch it should it come loose and are not "mounts"
3. Checked the acorn nuts for tightness, tend to loosen over time from vibration. Maybe use a tad of loctitie to hold in place.

Good luck

The clips is supposed to be on upper anchor pointing up.... Again it is to act as a catch in case shield comes loose.
This video may give you the idea of the clips position:

Loosen the bolt slightly at the rear of the spring clip and rotate them down so that they engage the post a bit better. (Then retighten the bolt)

If some adjustment is necessary, loosen the retaining bolts and rotate the latch springs into the proper position.
This is from the PDF for your wind shield

Back