Windows7

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by DZRyder, Oct 16, 2009.

1. DZRyder

DZRyder Member

Whats the significant difference from xp

2. T wrecks

T wrecks Junior Member

According to my son, who is a tech whiz, Windows7 is going to be a big improvement on XP, with Vista being a complete disaster from day one. Windows7 wasn't rushed through like Vista was with all it's bugs plus being a huge cumbersom program. I must admit, I feel comfortable with the old XP!!

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Thanks, I'll stay with XP :D Just getting use to it.

4. T wrecks

T wrecks Junior Member

Hey glider, betcha you can't live without your wide screen now?????:bigsmiley14:

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Getting use to that too once the settings were all done.:bigsmiley24:

6. T wrecks

T wrecks Junior Member

Too easy old timer. You just went to your controll panel, clicked on "Display, then "settings"......didn't you?.......and your away!!!!!!

7. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

From The Microsoft website..

Mainstream Support delivers complimentary and paid support, free security updates, and bug fixes to all Windows customers who purchase a retail copy of Windows XP (i.e., a shrink-wrapped, not pre-installed copy). Mainstream Support for Windows XP will continue through April 2009.

Extended Support delivers free security updates to all Windows customers. Customers can also pay for support on a per incident basis. Extended Support for Windows XP will continue until April 2014. New bug fixes require the Extended Hotfix Support program.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically you can not call Microsoft for support. Mainstream support ended in April. So for XP users, you will need to use support/internet groups and boards for support.

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

It was more like about 50 trips to change the size of different things on the screen now that it's wide :D

9. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

So; am I to understand that my Windows 98 is obsolete already?

10. gmurdock

gmurdock Active Member

I think I will stick with XP for a while. Don't want to have to upgrade my printer, web cam, fax, & software for now. Do you think Microsoft would tell you buy this it sucks?