free website stats program Wind resistant long johns? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wind resistant long johns?

Two words: Heated gear.:bigsmiley12:

I have the Harley jacket liner and the gloves. Both are fantastic when you're riding in chilly and freezing temps. I plan on getting a pair of the pant liners. Going to have to put them on my Christmas wish list.

What he said. And I have the Jacket, Gloves and pant liners ... get those pant liners oldhippie and they are good well below 0 C.:D

Motorcyclegear.com - TPG Winter Basegear Pants & Top. Has windstopper on the front of garment. $62.96 for each. Have not tried them personally but I'm going to buy a set to go over my wicking (Armor) gear.

I ordered a set of these and should have them Monday evening. The company has a good return policy if I either don't like them or they don't fit the way I want them to.
I do have a heated pair of gloves and a jacket liner. It is more my legs that I am concerned about. Not sure about getting heated pant liners. I wanted to buy a set of soft lowers but my bike has the HD nostalgic engine guard and the cost for those lowers is about $118.00.

You would be suprised how much wind plain old ladies panty hose keeps out. a cut-out in the right spot and presto wind proof undies. works great been caught off gard a couple times. usally bought legg's 2/$1.00.

I received my First Gear thermals this afternoon. I have to say these feel pretty good. The legs are long enough, not like some I have had. The only thing I notice was when I sat down or bent over the back rode down a little bit. With a shirt underneath these that shouldn't be a problem. The material is very light weight so not to be thick under jeans. Tomorrow if it is dry out I'll give them a test ride.

I wore the first gear thermals on a ride today. Weather was low 50's and overcast. I rode 37 miles each way North and South, almost the whole trip at 70mph. Going up I could feel some temp change on my knees. Not much but it was there. I had on my leather jacket, liner, light long sleeved shirt, and the base layer top. Above the waist I never felt a temperture change. I was toasty both ways. Over all I am happy with these. Next ride will be colder so I can check out how my knees do then.

Back