free website stats program Wind Noise | Harley Davidson Forums

Wind Noise

rebels1

:)Greetings Fellow Riders , My ride is an 2007 Streetbob. I have installed a Memphis Shades (Fats) Windshield on it ,the windshield blocks a good amount of the wind off my chest and I am pleased with that .The problem is the wind noise coming by my ears is somewhat bad. While on the bike I can put my arm across my chest and the wind noise stops . What are my options to cure this problem short of riding with my arm across chest all the time or wearing ear plugs? Thank you in advance for your imput and ideas .

Sounds like the problem is the air coming up from under the windshield. Not sure what can be done on your type bike. There is a vest available that has flaps that come up and do what your arm is doing. Did a quick Google search and couldn't find it but surely someone else will remember who makes it.

You might try a set of Memphis Shades lowers to go with the windshield. They worked wonders on my old Honda Sabre.

You're probably still going to have a lot of wind noise no matter what you try. Ear plugs are probably your best bet at preserving your hearing. There are some good ones out there that will cut down on the wind noise but still let you hear. I ride with plugs, and can actually hear my stereo better with them in.

Check out the ear-plug superstore online. They've got seveal options.

Just put a fork bag under your head light and that will fix your problem. It deflects the wind down.

I have a Street Bob and the Memphis Shades Slim windshield. I have to agree that it's the wind coming up under the shield or off your legs and up along your chest to your face.
I get what I like to call "Turbo Nostrils". I get so much wind up my nose I think I'm going to get a nosebleed! And NO, I'm not going to be putting earplugs in my nose to stop this. I've worn a full face helmet instead of my half shell to stop this. It helps with the nose and ears, but the ensuing buffeting shakes my head like a rattle at anything over 60mph. Subsequently I ride without the shield as much as possible. I think fork lowers might do the trick, but I hate the look of them. I'm going to cut my windshield down to a little more than a large flyscreen and see if I get any relief. Failing that, I think I'll just toss it and go naked!

Back