free website stats program Wind Noise....can't hear the motor | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wind Noise....can't hear the motor

I have been using these for about a year now. I really like the way they fit, plus, when I wear a full face, the side of the helmet don't pull them out of my ears.

They are called Ear Pro EP-3 Sonic Defenders.

I wore the soft plugs for most of the time I worked the around aircraft, but disliked the way they made the inside of my ears feel.

I cant hear you my bike is too loud, seriously I wish I woukd have been using hearing protection years ago. From riding and using air tools like my Snap On air Hammer for soooo many years I am paying the price now:(

The ear plugs make a huge difference as far as the wind noise is concerned. Makes the ride MUCH more enjoyable at 50 mph. Still can't hear the engine well but I think (like many of us) that my hearing suffered in my younger days from many years of playing rock n roll music. This is a new Dyna with stock pipes so I'll be increasing the volume soon. I think that between that and the plugs, I'll be just about right. Thanks for the great advice.

I keep a set of custom molded ones that i had made years ago in my fork bag. Cabela's sells a diy kit by Radians where you can make your own.

Trust a retired USAF troop who was around too many jets & computer fans...ear plugs are your friend. I now have the dreaded "tinnitus" (AKA ear ringing) & wind noise will do similar damage. I'm betting the plugs worked...
I have tinnitus too from working in machine shops all my life.I know I should wear earplugs when riding but I hate the "isolated/remote feeling they give,or is that just me?

If the plugs work for you then hit a gun shop or gun show and you can have a set custom made to fit your ears for a couple of bucks. Much nicer than the softies that you just squish down and stick in from a comfort perspective.

Like many of the others who have posted here I too am loosing my hearing from many years fo loud Rock & Roll, Shooting my shotgun, and I use pneumatic tools every single day. Had it not been for this forum I don't think I would have even entertained the thought of ear plugs while I am riding. But come to think of it, the wind is downright annoying at higher speeds. So between the stereo blasting and the wind noise I think I am accelerating my hearing loss at an even faster pace. I am fortunate in that my company makes the custom ear plugs for us. I have several pair in my tool box. I think I'm gonna keep a pair in the glove box and start using them. Thanks for the wakeup!!

Back