free website stats program Wind deflectors | Harley Davidson Forums

Wind deflectors

SeaRider04

I'm looking at a set of wind deflector (58125-90b) on the front forks for my Heritage classic to extend my ride on the cold season coming. Anyone have them installed and how do you like them?.

I have not had them but I did add the leather (vinyl) lower panels to the safety bar and found them to help!

I'm looking at a set of wind deflector (58125-90b) on the front forks for my Heritage classic to extend my ride on the cold season coming. Anyone have them installed and how do you like them?.

Save your money, or better yet put it toward a good pair of leather chaps. I rode last winter in 28 degree weather with a good pair of chaps and never got cold legs.

dorr:s

I though about getting a pair of chaps but...... I haven't see my wife laugh so hard when I try them on (yes, I try them on with my jeans on :p), I may try them again without her :).

I do have a pair of cover that goes over the engine bars, it's helps on the lower legs/feet but still get some cold air flows at the upper legs/thighs. I do not know if a pair of wind deflectors mounted on the front forks will help though.

I have them on my Fat Boy. They came on the bike and they look okay. I have never ridden it without them. I can't see where they add a whole lot of wind protection though.

I can snap a picture this afternoon if you like.

Eric

I have them on my Fat Boy. They came on the bike and they look okay. I have never ridden it without them. I can't see where they add a whole lot of wind protection though.

I can snap a picture this afternoon if you like.

Eric

If you took them off you would definitely notice a difference, they help with the updraft you get with a windshield on.

Well I am going to find out this week. My windshield does not fit the way they mounted the deflectors. I am going to take them off to try it that way. Do you know if the clip on windshield is supposed to work with the deflectors?

Thanks.

I'll get some pics in case Searider wants them.

Speaking of wind deflectors......This 09 SG is my first ever bike with a windshield.

I'm getting ready for a 3 day trip. Any suggestions on how to clean the windshield without scratching it while on the road?

At home I just soak a bath towel with very warm water and place it there till the bugs loosen up, then lightly rub them away followed by drying with bounty towels. Bounty by the way is the only paper towel that I know of that will not scratch paint or plastic.
Mark in Pa

I've got the clear ones one my Road King, I forget who makes them but they are in the aftermarket parts catalogs. I use them mostly in the winter when it gets nippy down here (all 3 weeks of it ;) ). They are also pretty good in the rain. They do change the handling slightly but all in all work like a charm. :)

Back