wind deflector's

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by chuck60, Feb 17, 2012.

1. chuck60

chuck60 Active Member

Has any one tried the wind deflector's that are made for the street glide, they are fork mounted. They are from a company called street-glide.com, I ordered a pair yesterday after reading many revues about them.

2. tyre

tyre Active Member

Because they are attached to the downtubes they do catch the wind, you feel it in the handlebars. That was my impression.

3. chuck60

chuck60 Active Member

I had them on my road king and never had a problem, I am hoping these will be as good.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
  4. tyre

tyre Active Member

It was possibly from my steering being loose. I seem to run a little looser. If the one bike worked for you should be no problem.

5. gasbag

gasbag Active Member

They look just like the ones I have on my Heritage. I know they don't look like much but I like mine a lot. I get very little wind on my lower legs and in this weather they really keep the cold air off my legs. Between my windshield and the deflectors I stay rather comfy.

6. chuck60

chuck60 Active Member

I got mine today and tried them out, and they seem as good as the ones I had on my road king.

7. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Good to know...I'd say any vibration/deflection issues are probably noticed during very windy conditions & in these cases there's nothing to stop the bike from blowing around. Wouldn't think these fork deflectors would cause additional prolems during decent riding. Do you have a close-up pic w/them on???

8. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

9. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

The ones I saw on the Streetglide.com (post #1) looked just like my HD fork mounted deflectors. I keep mine on all the time, mostly to keep the very fine mist out of the riders area during rain riding. Not a close up, but should be able to see what they look like. [​IMG]

10. Gold4484

Gold4484 Active Member Contributor