free website stats program WInd deflectors vs. soft lowers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

WInd deflectors vs. soft lowers

Lorne, the Harley soft lowers have a slit in them to go over you hwy pegs. They work fine on my bike, just a bit more work to slide them over the pegs.
Zyepod, I don't think the soft lowers would work very well on a mustache guard.

Lorne, the Harley soft lowers have a slit in them to go over you hwy pegs. They work fine on my bike, just a bit more work to slide them over the pegs.

thanks Geezer... going to pick some up in that case

thanks again

Soft Lowers These may but they are vinyl

Lorne the parts lady where I bought mine told me I should buy the lowers for a touring bike. She said they fit much better than the softail ones.

Lorne the parts lady where I bought mine told me I should buy the lowers for a touring bike. She said they fit much better than the softail ones.

for the RKP so that is what i would get.

thanks for the hint

:p You did ask RIGHT?:p

decided on the HD, will try to pick a pair up in the next couple days on my way back to Houston. thanks for the input guys :newsmile075:

others i like a lot but my hwy pegs are a on the low side of the crash bar

Its funny as wind deflectors verse softlowers is subject that comes up all the time and the are both designed to do different things. Wind deflectors are just what the say the are "wind deflectors" a nicely added pieces of chrome (saw them in gloss black as well) designed to attach to the outside of the front forks to push the wind away from the riders legs.
While soft lowers are manily designed to keep the rain that comes toward the rider away from front off the legs.
On the misses heritage I plan on putting the chrome wind deflectors on her forks and gettting a set of soft lowers to keep in the saddlebags for when it rains.
As a side note J&P cycles has softlowers for those with the mustache bars. Remember...It is all about fit form and function.
Have a great day.

Back