WInd deflectors vs. soft lowers

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by kzoo, Sep 21, 2011.

1. kzoo

kzoo Banned

It is getting colder and wetter here, especially in the mornings. I was earlier considering the chrome wind deflectors, but am now wondering if soft lowers would do the job.

Comments

2. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Got some for my Road Glide and they do a good job. The plus side is they are easy on and off. Just takes a few minutes and they pack away nice and flat.

3. lakeforktx

lakeforktx Active Member

I like my soft lowers....easy on easy off....

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Soft lowers, the only way to go but get the better pair from HD for around $60. Well worth the price.

6. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

I have the chrome wind deflectors and also put the soft lowers on when it gets cold or wet. The chrome deflectors keep a lot of rain and wind off from the knees down. The soft lowers only cover up to about my ankles. When I use them both I have pretty good protection. The Harley soft lowers fit well and are on or off in minutes.

7. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I am a soft lowers guy too. All the reasons stated above. Once you have used them, you'll think somebody turned the heat on. I am not a chrome guy so its a no brainer for me.

8. SeaRider04

SeaRider04 Active Member

I have them both, works very well on cold days.

9. zyepod

zyepod Active Member

Hum... I want the soft lowers but I have the Harley "Mustache" Engine Guard... Didn't see anything in the Harley Catalog for that guard... Anybody seen some that guard?

10. lorne

lorne Senior Member

i am looking for a pair but can't find any that would work with my hwy pegs. i would like the ones from HD but they don't seem to have the option of pegs?

any suggestions?