free website stats program WInd deflectors vs. soft lowers | Harley Davidson Forums

WInd deflectors vs. soft lowers

kzoo

Banned
It is getting colder and wetter here, especially in the mornings. I was earlier considering the chrome wind deflectors, but am now wondering if soft lowers would do the job.

Comments

Got some for my Road Glide and they do a good job. The plus side is they are easy on and off. Just takes a few minutes and they pack away nice and flat.

Soft lowers, the only way to go but get the better pair from HD for around $60. Well worth the price.

I have the chrome wind deflectors and also put the soft lowers on when it gets cold or wet. The chrome deflectors keep a lot of rain and wind off from the knees down. The soft lowers only cover up to about my ankles. When I use them both I have pretty good protection. The Harley soft lowers fit well and are on or off in minutes.

I am a soft lowers guy too. All the reasons stated above. Once you have used them, you'll think somebody turned the heat on. I am not a chrome guy so its a no brainer for me.

Hum... I want the soft lowers but I have the Harley "Mustache" Engine Guard... Didn't see anything in the Harley Catalog for that guard... Anybody seen some that guard?

i am looking for a pair but can't find any that would work with my hwy pegs. i would like the ones from HD but they don't seem to have the option of pegs?

any suggestions?

Back