free website stats program Wind deflecting | Harley Davidson Forums

Wind deflecting

rkf09fxdb

I put a Wind Vest on my '09 SB this weekend and I took it out for a ride. The Wind Vest does keep it out of my face but, I still get a lot of air over my tank. Any of you have this same set up? How did you cure it? I didn't want a big shield on my bike is the reason I went with the Wind Vest plus I got a great deal on one.

Need a little more info on your setup. Wind Vest? What kind? Any windshield? Mid-Controls/Forward/Highway pegs? When do you get the wind.

I have a Standard Compact shield. Wind is the worst when I have my feet on the highway pegs, else no big deal, the windshield takes care of most of it. I prefer the look without the shield, but prefer the comfort of the shield.

Wind Vest makes the windshield. Its the 16"x16" Wind Vest. It's the biggest they make for a MC. I have forwards (3" extended, I'm 6'3") Live in West Texas and the wind blows most of the time around here. I got the shield mainly to keep bugs out of my face. They are bad around here during Springtime. I just didn't want to go with a big shield, but if I have to I'll sell the Wind Vest and get something different.

I see, just looked it up on the site, very sweet looking shield. Of course the HD ones wrap around the taillight, which is bigger but keeps the air off of the tank more. Unfortunately that pushes the wind down to your legs, which ends up coming up your legs then with the forwards. Can't comment specificallly on the setup obviously, but I can say that the wind buffeting with the shield i have is minimal, but worse when my legs are on the highway pegs. Best bet would probably be to see if you could find a dealer that may let you try one out or a buddy. If you lived near PA, I'd let you give mine a shot, but that is obviously out of the question.

If ypur happy with the windshield taking the air off your face and neck try adding chrome fork air deflectors to get rid of the air that comes up and around the tank

I wanted a windshield for interstate riding so I wouldn't get beat to death by the wind. It's very tiring. I added an HD quick release shield and like you said with forwards, 2008 DYNA Fat Bob, the wind came up and about 70mph I thought my head was going to shake off. I decided to add the Rifle lowers and that fixed the problem.

Will the Rifle Lowers work with the front turn signal relocation kit installed (turn signals on the forks)?

Back