free website stats program wind buffeting | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

wind buffeting

Recently having issues with my vision bounces up and down making it hard to focus at highway speeds. It seems my glasses whether prescription or sunglasses are buffeting on my face. Has anyone experienced this? I was wndering if anyone has had any luck with the fork mounted wind deflectors. I am riding an e-glide with batwing fairing and it seems the wind comes up from the road and moves my helmet and glasses. Just started noticing this mor lately as if my head is vibrating.
On my EGC, the fork baffle and the fairing deflectors stopped most all of the buffeting, but on my ultra with the lower fairings, nothing seems to help a whole bunch. I just put some deflectors on the forks that took some of it. It's bearable now. The cigarette ashes and the rain drops kinda float in front of my face now until the wind shear lets it smack me.

I picked up a set of fork deflectors today from the dealership. I'll report back in a few days my findings. As Gator mentioned, I could lay my right arm in front of my chest and it would almost ride on a blanket of air. If I am ever going to be able to hear the nav or radio, I am going to have to get rid of some of this buffeting.

One Member here a long time ago had a device called "Jacks Flaps"

I Too have held my left arm out in front and against my chest (90*) to keep wind from coming UP into my face area.

Seriously thinking to get me a Nice pair of Goggles for my many WINDY rides here in Az.

I had a pair of tighter fitting glasses that were rubber/foam sealed on the backside. Worked great but the R-30 I always wear EATS the foamy seal and turns them into a Mess... Sticking to and around my eyes.

Need to look for another NON High Dollar pair.

any Ideas Appreciated...:newsmile011:

NO r_k_dragon, they do Not need to have BLING...:5:

signed....BUBBIE

One Member here a long time ago had a device called "Jacks Flaps"

I Too have held my left arm out in front and against my chest (90*) to keep wind from coming UP into my face area.

Seriously thinking to get me a Nice pair of Goggles for my many WINDY rides here in Az.

I had a pair of tighter fitting glasses that were rubber/foam sealed on the backside. Worked great but the R-30 I always wear EATS the foamy seal and turns them into a Mess... Sticking to and around my eyes.

Need to look for another NON High Dollar pair.

any Ideas Appreciated...:newsmile011:

NO r_k_dragon, they do Not need to have BLING...:5:

signed....BUBBIE

I guy I know in France wears 3/4 helmets and goggles all the time. Look really good. I guess if you wanted to look really mean you could go with a set like the German WW1 pilots had on in the Howard Hughes movies "Hells Angels" I saw the other night. Goggles would be cool to wear but I'm stuck with perscription wrap around shades from 7eyes. They have the foam seal which works great for moisture protection of the eyes and amazingly very optically correct for curved lenses.

It seems to me that a good fabricator could come up with something which is functional and looks good.
An interesting thing I've noticed is that if I ditch the windshield the buffeting is not as bad. This leads me to believe that the root cause is the wind being squeezed between the bottom of the windshield and the top of the tank which accelerates it even more.

YES, I Agree.....BUT the Bugs/BEES can be messy and BRUTAL...

The windscreen stays and the goggles are com'n out...:newsmile011:

Much easier to use than my arm... Hate LOSING my Great Looking $4.99 Glitter Shades from Walmart...:shock

signed....BUBBIE

Much easier to use than my arm... Hate LOSING my Great Looking $4.99 Glitter Shades from Walmart...:shock

signed....BUBBIE

Hey, I had that vest for a while when I had the road king. It was before I put the fork wings on and they did help. Passed that vest on to another member here. Steve

signed....BUBBIE

I don't take off the shield very often and never during love bug season...splat:D

had the wind buffeting - changed the hieght of wind shield then put the fork baffel on to stop the rain from coming up under the glases

Back