free website stats program wind buffeting | Harley Davidson Forums

wind buffeting

kdaddy

Recently having issues with my vision bounces up and down making it hard to focus at highway speeds. It seems my glasses whether prescription or sunglasses are buffeting on my face. Has anyone experienced this? I was wndering if anyone has had any luck with the fork mounted wind deflectors. I am riding an e-glide with batwing fairing and it seems the wind comes up from the road and moves my helmet and glasses. Just started noticing this mor lately as if my head is vibrating.

A number of things can affect this including position of legs, head and wind screen. However I will say that I put on the fork mounted wind deflectors in 2009 and have never taken them off. Seems to me, IMO, that they do reduce the buffeting you describe.

Mine is the blue Heritage on the left.

Attachments

• 2010 Sturgis 002.jpg
    2010 Sturgis 002.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 95
Of all the buffeting issues I've had, my glasses were the most annoying. I use one of the neoprene/elastic "tethers" that slip over the ear pieces and act as a headband. They work well for me.
I have every wind/rain deflection device I know of on my Electra. Fork mounted "fangs", under triple tree baffle, wider windshield and my favorite, the adjustable plastic deflectors that mount on the under curve of the batwing. My reason for all of this is not so much buffeting of my head, but to eliminate wind noise in my ears. I wear a shorty helmet, and don't like ear plugs.

After 600 miles the past 3 days I know exactly what all of you are talking about. Try as I could I was unable to find the exact source of where I was getting all the upward buffeting from. Moving my knees and feet around changed it some of course but there is a ton of air coming from someplace. Made my tshirt collar in the front of my neck just buzz. Was studying air deflectors in the Moco catalog as soon I showered off.

My glasses did that badly with my Road Glide but the Ultra Limited solved that

Thats an expensive fix!:D

BikeSAG brings up a good point about leg position. When I moved my floorboards forward 2" it helped comfort and wind that I experienced before the move.

Thats an expensive fix!:D

BikeSAG brings up a good point about leg position. When I moved my floorboards forward 2" it helped comfort and wind that I experienced before the move.

Did you buy a kit to move your floorboards forward if so what brand was it..I am interested in moving mine forward

Did you buy a kit to move your floorboards forward if so what brand was it..I am interested in moving mine forward

Got mine from Wild Bill. Wild Bill Cycles. Cant seem to find his website and not sure if he is in business anymore. Great product! Looks like the factory brackets but bent further forward......

After 600 miles the past 3 days I know exactly what all of you are talking about. Try as I could I was unable to find the exact source of where I was getting all the upward buffeting from. Moving my knees and feet around changed it some of course but there is a ton of air coming from someplace. Made my tshirt collar in the front of my neck just buzz. Was studying air deflectors in the Moco catalog as soon I showered off.

I bet what you are experiencing is the wind coming over the tank. A test for this is to put your arm about halfway up your chest and see if it diminishes. I have read the fork mounted deflectors seem to help, so good luck with it.

Back