free website stats program Will this rim fit? | Harley Davidson Forums

Will this rim fit?

TXRKC

I have a 2006 RKC that the rear spokes will not stay tight on. The shop has looked at the wheel and tightened them a few times now and they keep coming loose. They've been tightened 4 times. I've lost all faith in the wheel and have decided to just buy new wheels. I've run a cross some wheels from an '07 Ultra Classic. I'm pretty sure these will fit my '06 RKC, but wanted to confirm with the knowledge here before I purchase the wheels. Right now I'm just going to replace the rear wheel while I save up for the wheels I really want. Should these wheels fit?

You might want to ask that same question to your Harley dealer's parts manager. I just put 04 EG spoke wheels on my Heritage. The biggest thing you want to know is wheel width at the axle. That will determine spacers and alignment of the drive belt. I think the axles are the same diameter, so a bearing change should not be a problem. Do your research and it will be effortless.

I have a 2006 RKC that the rear spokes will not stay tight on. The shop has looked at the wheel and tightened them a few times now and they keep coming loose. They've been tightened 4 times. I've lost all faith in the wheel and have decided to just buy new wheels. I've run a cross some wheels from an '07 Ultra Classic. I'm pretty sure these will fit my '06 RKC, but wanted to confirm with the knowledge here before I purchase the wheels. Right now I'm just going to replace the rear wheel while I save up for the wheels I really want. Should these wheels fit?

You could also check the Parts and Accessories catalog for part numbers that will fit your bike, Go prepared with the numbers it seems to make life easier for me any way:D

Thank you for the replies. I've been checking on th HD site and the wheel installation kits are the same part number and the various rims have the same part numbers for the 2 model years, so I think they will work.

Thank you for the replies. I've been checking on th HD site and the wheel installation kits are the same part number and the various rims have the same part numbers for the 2 model years, so I think they will work.

:s LOOKS like problem solved, Good Luck:s I hate laced wheels as I am TOO lazy to clean them

I really like the way the laced wheels look, but like I said, I've lost faith in this rear wheel. And in all honesty, I dont spend much time cleaning them. I keep the front wheel pretty clean, but the rear wheel is mostly hidden by the saddle bags so i never worried much about it. I keep my bike clean, but not spotless. I enjoy riding a lot more than cleaning and polishing. :D

OK, I've bought the wheels. New questions.......

1. Is there a difference in tires for a laced wheel requiring a tube and a wheel that doesn't require a tube?

2. The 2 wheels look exactly the same. Is there a difference between the front wheel and the rear wheel? If so, how can you tell the difference? They both have the exact same info on the wheels. They're both 16x3.

OK, I asked these questions also and here are answers I found;
1. First, The current type tires should work either tube or tubeless. It will state so on the tire.
2.Second, The rear wheel will have a larger diameter on one side of the bearing boss so that the drive pulley has more wheel to pull against.
Look at both wheels from the tire side and you will see the difference. The diameter and width of both wheels are the same, only the pulley and brake rotor mounting areas are different. Also, the rear bolt holes are larger than the front and different sizes side to side. Hope this helps.

I got the rear wheel swapped out over the weekend. I cant believe how much better the bike handles. I knew the old wheel didn't feel "right", but I had no idea how much it was effecting the handling of the bike. Thanks for the help! :)

Back