free website stats program Wild pigs on e-bay | Harley Davidson Forums

Wild pigs on e-bay

Curveball

Banned
Anybody using these slip-ons?

I been hearin good things about them (seconds @ $174.00)
Would like to get some feedback.

Would go on an '11 Ultra

Have them, love them, can't find the flaw that makes them seconds, ordered with 1.75 baffles, arived in 3 days. Louder than stock but deeper not tin sounding. Great Value in my opinion. I dont post here often, read everything I can and first heard of WP's on this site. I have about 300 miles on my modifications now and it is like having a new bike. This site is great for having both sides of the discussion without insult or attack, let this question run a day and you will have more input than you can process.... in the end (like many post) you have to decide. Good Luck
2008 Ultra Classic, 96Cu in//K&N 3930 Air//Wild Pig slants with 1.75 baffle//
Dobeck Gen 3 (3,2.5,2,0.5,3,4)//Spectro 6 speed in the trans, Royal Purple Syn in the motor and primary// 41 MPG and a whole new response and feel on the road.:D

Have them, love them, can't find the flaw that makes them seconds, ordered with 1.75 baffles, arived in 3 days. Louder than stock but deeper not tin sounding. Great Value in my opinion. I dont post here often, read everything I can and first heard of WP's on this site. I have about 300 miles on my modifications now and it is like having a new bike. This site is great for having both sides of the discussion without insult or attack, let this question run a day and you will have more input than you can process.... in the end (like many post) you have to decide. Good Luck
2008 Ultra Classic, 96Cu in//K&N 3930 Air//Wild Pig slants with 1.75 baffle//
Dobeck Gen 3 (3,2.5,2,0.5,3,4)//Spectro 6 speed in the trans, Royal Purple Syn in the motor and primary// 41 MPG and a whole new response and feel on the road.:D

Have you tried 2 " baffle? I have a 2 " baffle which sounds great to me.

Question: How does the baffle diameter affect the sound? Is more diameter = more bass?? or is it the other way around.

M Khan

More(larger) baffle is louder. When it gets above a 1 3/4" baffle you loose the needed back pressure to run right.

Read on here larger baffle number = louder.
Also read in many threads that you can remove to much back pressure at 2 and above thus not achieve what you started out to do.
Use to have an uncomfortable back seater and throttle lag / slow response at highway speeds. Now my bride is very happy with reduced heat and bike is responsive. Also I am not a "loud pipes saves lives" type... more a "loud pipes tick off the neighbors":s

More(larger) baffle is louder. When it gets above a 1 3/4" baffle you loose the needed back pressure to run right.

Glider:

Can you please tell me what this back pressure stuff means.
Would larger baffles damage an engine??
Thanks in advance.

M Khan

Glider:

Can you please tell me what this back pressure stuff means.
Would larger baffles damage an engine??
Thanks in advance.

M Khan

In these engines, you need some back pressure for the engine to run right. Changing to a baffle that is larger than the header pipe (1 3/4") will reduce back pressure and create running problems like reversion. Reversion is when a sound wave travels back up the pipe and hinders the exhaust flow and can cause fuel stand off which is fuel spraying back out the intake.
When you go larger than the 1 3/4" baffles in any muffler, you will also sacrifice bottom end torque too.

Too much of a decrease is back pressure will also create valve float and if you hammer on it really hard you could end up with a ho;e in the piston.

That's a really bad situation when you get a a ho;e in the piston. :lolrolling

Back