free website stats program Wild One 575 chubbys? | Harley Davidson Forums

Wild One 575 chubbys?

09ultra

Banned
Anyone ever use the Wild One Chubby bar on a Ultra? I need to get the bars back a little as it seems I am reaching a bit for the stock bars. I want to be sure I do it right the first time. All info will be greatly appreciated.:32:
Mark

Try these.....Drag specialties...part #0601-0841.
34.07" wide....12.00" center width....7.84" pullback....10.83" rise.
They retail for 79.95. You can also get them direct from Khrome Werks for the same price.

The WO-575s are the best thing I did to my Ultra (2003). When is Sturges, some of us went to Rapid City Harley. They had a bunch of tents set up with different venders. We were going to have jel put into our seats for comfort. I got such an ach between my shoulder-blades, I was in pain. Long story short, the seat guy would ask what problems we had and I told him mine. He would not take my money. He said get these bars first and see if the pain stops. It is the best thing I have gottem for riding. I was haveing to reach for the stock bars. I put them on myself, not that hard. And the wiring goes inside the bars.
Larry

What can I expect to pay for an install? I already have the bars, what bis fair for labor and any cable mods? Not neccessarly a HD dealer, more then one or two wrenches capable here.

I used to have some chubby's on a dyna I had and thought they were a little too wide. I have a friend with them on an Ultra and they still seem too wide. I had the same problem you did and instead of paying for the cubby's I went with the reach bars fro HD and they are perfect. They give me the reach I needed without the width I didn't like here's a pic...

I used to have some chubby's on a dyna I had and thought they were a little too wide. I have a friend with them on an Ultra and they still seem too wide. I had the same problem you did and instead of paying for the cubby's I went with the reach bars fro HD and they are perfect. They give me the reach I needed without the width I didn't like here's a pic...

Sorry pic is too big ill take another

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry pic is too big i'll take another

Here's another attempt on the pics...Oh and I did the work myself, but I did add new cables, 3" over but feel the clutch cable is too long, but throttle cable's are just right. The work was EASY :s

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Do these have the same pull back as the 575's only not as wide? They look good. Thanks for posting the pics.

Here is the comparison between the two. I think the 09' models have the same specs but remember my bike is an 06'.

Here are the specs on my bars (HD reach bars)
Model# Tip to Tip Base Wdth Rise Pull Back cntr to cntr
55914-98 30.75" 15" 8" 7.5" 3.50"

Here are the specs on the 575's
WO575 34.5" 14" 10" 13" ?

hope this helps?

What can I expect to pay for an install? I already have the bars, what bis fair for labor and any cable mods? Not neccessarly a HD dealer, more then one or two wrenches capable here.

I have the 575's, and the +4 brake & clutch lines which Wild1 told me I need, sitting in my truck, trying to find someone to install for me. My local dealer wants 8 hours @80....too rich for my blood. I'll wait until I can get it done for a more affordable price.

Back