free website stats program Wifey got motorcycle license... now what bike? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wifey got motorcycle license... now what bike?

I'm 5'2 104lb and have ridden most current HDs, My Bad Man has a SE 110ci Ultra that I can ride, but when I got my own bike it was/is a XL883L and I love it.
If MEN would stop trying to stick us ladies on this bike or that bike or on the back of their bike we'd be much happier!! When we're happy you will be to.
Just let us pick the bike WE want!!
Did someone pick your bike for you? THEN LET US CHOSE AS WELL!!!!

That is what they are TRYING TO DO:D

How do you like the windshield? I have a small windshield but think that a bigger one would help with the wind. What is your opinion now that you have ridden with the bigger one?

update

Not having good luck:(...she has issues with starting from a stop
...clutch/gas... never drove a standard transmission before... any body got some ideas on how to get her to feel comfortable with this?.... starting to be a mental block where she is so concerned about stalls she just panics... dumped it once...more damage to her ego than the bike...

May be a good idea to teach her the basics on clutch/gas on a car first then move on the the bike being she never drove standard shift.

Yeah...thought of that one... but unfortunately don't have access to a standard transmission vehicle other than mc

It is the trust issue with me regarding starting from a stop, though my issue is doing a turn from a stop. a sharp turn, when you see cycles lines up in a row, and i want to leave i can't just pull out and go, i have to walk it a little bit, and sometimes my turns are very wide, my husband keeps drilling me with if i let go of gas, i'm down, we go to open parking lots and he will stand in front of me trying to force me to turn before hitting him, cones work well to.
i have had much improvement, it all has to do with the friction control, tell her not to be afraid of giving it to much gas, until she learns where the friction control is on her bike.
i am doing much better, and often venture out by myself and drove it to work three times last week, adjusted my work schedule to avoid rush hourtraffic.
this saturday my husband's Motorcycle Club (Gunslingers) are driving downtown for a preparty of national night out, and i'm riding up front of the pack and right beside him, a little nervous, the club members give constructive feedback. sometimes better to practice with them then your husband.

HDGAL:

I have had her in a parking lot...need some more of that... with just starting and stopping.... turns also....thanks for your reply... should be a confidence builder for her ...she is not alone!!

May be a good idea to teach her the basics on clutch/gas on a car first then move on the the bike being she never drove standard shift.

I got my license in May of 2006(I'm 5'1' 110lbs)I was supposed to ride my husband's '05 883L, but had touble keeping it upright LOL>I Bought a Honda Rebel 250 and proceeded to put 3000 miles on it between May '06 and August '07.Then I started on the Sporty again. I sold the Rebel thi past month and am now on the Sporty. Let your wife cut her teeth on something SHE can handle (and if need be, pick up when it falls)Don't know if the Sporty will be my final bike, I'm still looking, but I never would have been comfortable on it if I hadn't had that time on the Rebel.

Back