free website stats program Wifes very sore butt, need new seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Wifes very sore butt, need new seat

pgargett65

I have a new dyna wideglide, took it for a ride with some follow hoggies,
wife on the back, at the end of our 300 km trip, my wifes complaining of a very very sore butt. i Must admit it does,nt look that uncomfortable so i jumped on the back, my butt was sore after a minute. so i need some help, hopfully someone out their can Recommend a soft touring seat that is good for the pillion.

so far I have had recommended from two different dealers out of the 2007 harley genuine accessories catalogue:

page 156 A) Touring seat P/N 51472-06

page 156 B) Sundowner deep bucket seat seat P/N 51540-06

I have looked at non harley seats bur have not found any that suit a 2007 wideglide.

Cheers Peter

Check out "DennisKirk.com", thay have a huge selection from top line manufacturers. Harley has very limited selection and prices are high.:s

Sundowner deep bucket seat seat P/N 51540-06

I ride this seat any time I take a trip more then an hr or so long. I've had mine for 2 yrs now with about 12000 miles on it and it still looks and rides like new
Wife and i just returned from a 1100 mile 5 day trip to Myrtle Beach bike week, (2nd yr on this seat) with no complaints.
I also have a leather HD tooled Badlander seat that i like for high speed running or strip cruzing by myself. It looks way better on the bike than the Sundowner, it's just to narrow and hard for tripping.
Also a set of Progressive 440 rear shocks and SE springs and oil for the forks will go a long way to making the bike more ride-able

Hello Peter,
My wife feels your wifes pain. Bought the 07 Wide Glide about a month ago, and about 200 miles is all she can take too. Damn, that's a small cushion back there. I'm currently looking at the Sun Downer. Have you made any decision on yours yet? Let me know, the wife will appreciate it as well. Thanks
Dana

Sundowner deep bucket seat seat P/N 51540-06

I ride this seat any time I take a trip more then an hr or so long. I've had mine for 2 yrs now with about 12000 miles on it and it still looks and rides like new
Wife and i just returned from a 1100 mile 5 day trip to Myrtle Beach bike week, (2nd yr on this seat) with no complaints.
I also have a leather HD tooled Badlander seat that i like for high speed running or strip cruzing by myself. It looks way better on the bike than the Sundowner, it's just to narrow and hard for tripping.
Also a set of Progressive 440 rear shocks and SE springs and oil for the forks will go a long way to making the bike more ride-able

Does the Sundowner make you sit more forward than the stock or Badlander?

Does the Sundowner make you sit more forward than the stock or Badlander?

no not forward it just supports and locks you in a comfortable riding position, you can move your butt around some on a Sundowner but just enough to make long rides comfortable. 2 up with a good back rest for her and she should be able to ride as long as you.

The Badlander is much thinner, narrower and cooler looking, rides more like a dirt-bike seat that lets you move around to control the bike when your really pushing it, riding one 2 up she'd better 100lb / 5ft tall and like looking cool enough to put up with the pain, like riding on the finder with a T-shirt under her butt. :62:

we've done some 1200 milers on my WG with a sissy bar backrest and a sundowner seat. wife is a bit short, so had to also change the pegs for some Kury Wings. No problems with the wife now.

course, went and spoiled her and picked up another bike, a '07 UC, so looks like future long trips on the WG are out.

Sundowner seat is a great seat and your wife will likely enjoy the ride much more if she is riding on one.

Back