free website stats program Wife too scared for 2up | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wife too scared for 2up

You can get a chrome document tube that fits on the front down tubes of the frame ideal for carrying all your required documents

Brian

Unless it's got attachment points for about 10 Gremlin Bells - I'm not putting a Will in there. :lolrolling

My wife has no real interest in riding, but she goes on long weekend rides and once a year week long rides just because she knows I want her there. It surprised the heck out of me 2 years ago when she started telling our friends
"we had so much fun on 'such and such' trip. She actually looks forward to those annual rides. To make her more comfortable I added a backrest and a bigger 2 up seat. I also make sure to be very cognizant of being smooth and gentle on turns, shifting, braking, etc. She now has total confidence in me, and my riding abilities. But, she still will not ride long distances and fights me when we have to get on super slabs. Thus the reason I now have a trailer. :(

I have my priorities. LOL I want my best friend with me on some of the rides.
So, if I have to trailer it occasionaly, so be it. We trailered to Myrtle Beach and then spent the whole time on the bike. The truck didn't move from the parking lot the whole week. On the good side,it's a good thing I did use the trailer 'cause it poured 500 of the 700 miles on the way home.

The picture is from last year when we toured Nova Scotia. It rained like crazy that afternoon and she kept on smiling.

GRANDPRE_0062.jpg

Take her for a holiday to a nice warm country with little to no traffic and suggest taking a scooter to explore some spots. Nice things to look at and keep her mind off what she's doing. Also, less intimidating to ride a 50cc scooter but, provides 2 up riding to start.

You can bribe her with the trip and shopping and of course, relaxing. Then ease in some site seeing.........

Follow up with the do you remember that trip? Great time, well want to take a little trip locally on the Sporty? Just might do the trick.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!

One thing you might keep in mind is that two up riding isn't everyone's cup of tea. My wife was not really into riding on the back of my Kawasaki. She has been on the back of the Ultra more than a few times and remarked on how much more secure and comfortable it was.

Pick where you ride. If you have any back country roads iin your area, consider having her drive to that local and then getting on the bike. Cars tend to bother people who are not used to them, particlualrly if you get a cage driver who isn't inclined towards road courtesy.

Lastly, just take it slow. Let the ride last as long as she wants it to.

Kind of what everyone else is saying.
Find some more isolated roades where you will be running 40 or less and just putt around a bit. Low speed no traffic. Find something she likes river views, woods, farmland. Go by those things and let her enjoy the scenery. Now two up on a sporty is going to be very different than solo so you will be making some adjustments also. Make sure she knows what you expect a passanger to do. Her moving around can cause you some problems that she will interpert as danger. Take it easy and you will have a good chance of bringing one more over to the two wheel side.

Fin...your a big help...who's side are you on...? :yeahright

if a member asks a question i try to answer it to the best of my ability its then up to them how they use the info that is supplied :lero:lero

Brian

Back