free website stats program Wife too scared for 2up | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wife too scared for 2up

i got on a 2005 ultra of my uncles, that thing is one heavy monster!!!!! i'm 6'2" tall and weight 245lbs. still a little handful to get it going and turning, i'm just use to the 883, a big bike is a handfull.

yea, i took the solo seat off and put the stock seat back on, she liked it but we went ahead and bought a really nice sissy bar off of ebay today, it has the wille G skulls on it front and back.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Sweetheart of 25 years has finally agreed to give riding with me a try. Got her all of the safety gear and took a spin. She liked it, said to me, "when we get our wills updated, I'll try it again." :lolrolling

She is a sport though. She signed up for the Riders Edge class at the dealers. Dropped the bike and sprained her foot. Completed the written test, has a year to redo the skills portion to complete her certification. Meanwhile, the wills get witnessed next week and she will give it another try.

The moral of the story is to be patient. It only took me 25 years to get her to try it. :D

My Sweetheart of 25 years has finally agreed to give riding with me a try. Got her all of the safety gear and took a spin. She liked it, said to me, "when we get our wills updated, I'll try it again." :lolrolling

She is a sport though. She signed up for the Riders Edge class at the dealers. Dropped the bike and sprained her foot. Completed the written test, has a year to redo the skills portion to complete her certification. Meanwhile, the wills get witnessed next week and she will give it another try.

The moral of the story is to be patient. It only took me 25 years to get her to try it. :D

Thanks for sharing that story Jake. I think I'll just coax her onto the bike by positive encouragement and buying a sissy bar.
If I give her a will to sign first, she'll run so fast, I won't be able to keep up on the scoot. :D :lolrolling

My wife would not ride 2 up with me. She had a few horrific early life experiences with guys that wanted to show her what their bikes could do and just would not go there. She would ride 2 up on snowmobiles at 65-70 and even got thrown off a few times but would not even consider a bike and did not want me to ride either. I thought I was destined to ride alone.

One night she was on the computer and said, "Look at this." It was a Ural sidecar rig. Being a WW2 buff , she loved the funky retro look and told me she thought she wouldn't mind driving one of those. We got one for her. Long to short she never did learn to drive it but loved to ride it. It felt more like a small sports car from her view point. It was slow, but that was good and we took all the back roads going to and from anywhere. Mostly 35-45mph. Later we bought a Road King with sidecar for better speed on the highways. She still will never ride on the back of a 2 wheel bike, and doesn't want me to drive one either. In the end it was a good compromise. I got a fun ride, my wife goes with me.

In facing any fear, baby steps and comfort level are really important. Taking small steps just a little above her comfort level, and then giving her time to feel comfortable with that level before going further may help her to overcome her phobia.

My wife worried about being the passenger also!( not being the one in control) it took several weeks to get her comfortable but she was not totally comfortable! so I got her a sportster, she was terrified at first then we had a friend that teaches cycle safety come over and show her a couple of things got her confidence up and now she rides like a champ, she started riding her own this past summer, 4 months and we are now in a riding club and go for long rides and she rides like she has been on a bike forever! her only other riding experience was my dirt bikes 25 years ago!
Get her one and watch the tranformation from no way to when are we going for a ride!!

CB...I'm with you...RJ has plenty of guts and must know his gal pretty well for a will...yikes!:newsmile030: But nuptuals of 25 years or more can do that...:D

Hey guys, she was the one that wanted the wills updated, I wasn't planning on anybody getting hurt. After 25 years, you'd think she would trust me better than that. :lolrolling

Hey guys, she was the one that wanted the wills updated, I wasn't planning on anybody getting hurt. After 25 years, you'd think she would trust me better than that. :lolrolling

Wouldn't doubt it Jake. Our better halves are often more "sensible and pragmatic" than we are. If Wills were standard issue before you ride - you can bet the MoCo would've made a Chrome mount for it to fix to your bike :lolrolling

Wouldn't doubt it Jake. Our better halves are often more "sensible and pragmatic" than we are. If Wills were standard issue before you ride - you can bet the MoCo would've made a Chrome mount for it to fix to your bike :lolrolling

You can get a chrome document tube that fits on the front down tubes of the frame ideal for carrying all your required documents

Brian

Back