free website stats program wide veerubber whitewall tire | Harley Davidson Forums

wide veerubber whitewall tire

garyp

Anyone had experience of veerubber tires?-I want to fit a whitewall to my rear wheel on an 07 fxstc - had the metz- avon-dunlop but want to try a whitewall.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Cant comment directly on the subject but be prepared to clean that whitewall a lot. It is definitely a labor of love, those whitewalls.

I read 4 different sites with veerubber reviews. They are made in Thailand and look like Dunlops. Several of the reviews commented on the sidewalls not being strong enough and the tires feeling wobbly, some said scarey. The posters may not have bought the right tires for their bikes. Several of the reviews the posters only had a few hundred miles and had already changed them for something else. All of the reviews commented on how hard the compound was. Have you looked at these?http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/31/402/10261/ITEM/Dunlop-D402-Harley-Davidson-Whitewall-Rear-Tire.aspx

I must admit that I never heard of veerubber but if others have seen reviews of this brand you really should think twice about what rubber you want under you.

Your safety is at risk here and the best thing you could do for yourself is buy the best you can afford and stay with quality name brand tires ( those you already used in the past).

I have H-D Dunlop whitewalls on my FLSTC and I would probably buy them again when it's time to replace.

I must admit that I never heard of veerubber but if others have seen reviews of this brand you really should think twice about what rubber you want under you.

Your safety is at risk here and the best thing you could do for yourself is buy the best you can afford and stay with quality name brand tires ( those you already used in the past).

I have H-D Dunlop whitewalls on my FLSTC and I would probably buy them again when it's time to replace.

I'm with Bikergeek here. This is a safety issue and there are reliable Manufacturers that offer the wide whitewall your looking for. There are some things you can save $$ on but tires (tyres) and breaks aren't the things to do it on. Also never scrimp on jewelry!! Don't ask me how I know!!!

I just installed a 16'' rear on a customers bike, he went with them because he doing a 26'' on the front of his street glide and vee rubber made the only 26'' front tire he could find, he paid about $70.00 for the rear. when he picked up his bike he spunout in the parking lot and laid the bike down, he's been riding on it about a month now and says it does ok but does not expect long life out of the tire, but figures at $70.00 a pop for a rear who cares, I think his next rear tire will be a Dunlop again. They are made in Thailand, the rubber is hard as a rock to me. I think V-Twin sells them but I will not sell them out of my shop, if a customer brings one in I'll be glad to mount it for them, it's their ride, but I don't care or trust them myself, just my personal opinon.

Back