free website stats program Wide tire w/ lowered bob? | Harley Davidson Forums

Wide tire w/ lowered bob?

trophy666

Hello i was wanting to put the 180 tire on but read somwhere here that "only if the bike is not lowered" i have burly shocks which lowered the bike 1.5" i think i have plenty of room as i wish to keep the close to fender look. Does anyone know if using the spanner wrench on the shocks would raise the suspension enough or at all?~Thanks for any advice

adjusting the spring preload with a C spanner only makes the rear end firmer it doesnt change height.

Hello i was wanting to put the 180 tire on but read somwhere here that "only if the bike is not lowered" i have burly shocks which lowered the bike 1.5" i think i have plenty of room as i wish to keep the close to fender look. Does anyone know if using the spanner wrench on the shocks would raise the suspension enough or at all?~Thanks for any advice

I like the close to the fender look too, but you have to leave room for tire expansion. As the tire heats up it gets bigger in both directions.

Are you talking about putting on the 180 without the kit? Or just putting it on, in general. Not sure about the latter, but I know from previous posts you should do the kit. I have a write up out there about what the old brackets look like and what the new ones look like. And for that matter, if you want to buy your own 180 and just need the brackets, PM me, I have a set and can send you pics.

Here is my original installation post. Wide Tire Kit Installation - Harley Davidson Community

Back