free website stats program Wide glide rebuild issues | Harley Davidson Forums

Wide glide rebuild issues

2kChopper

Im in the process of a complete rebuild of my wide glide front end. I've the right side torn apart and in the process of taking it apart and inspecting parts of the leg I noticed what looks like a burn mark in the chrome right around the area where the fork seal would have been. My question is this, can I lightly sand this burn out of the chrome or do I need to buy a new leg? There isnt any gouging or scratches that I can feel, just the burn mark. Any help in this situation would be great

Attachments

• fork.JPG
    fork.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 15
Im in the process of a complete rebuild of my wide glide front end. I've the right side torn apart and in the process of taking it apart and inspecting parts of the leg I noticed what looks like a burn mark in the chrome right around the area where the fork seal would have been. My question is this, can I lightly sand this burn out of the chrome or do I need to buy a new leg? There isnt any gouging or scratches that I can feel, just the burn mark. Any help in this situation would be great

Don't sand it with sand paper or emory cloth, but you can use some 0000 steel wool to polish it with. If this black stuff is something deposited on the surface of the chrome, the steel wool will remove it without cloudying the chrome.

TQ

Back