free website stats program Wide Band Tuners | Harley Davidson Forums

Wide Band Tuners

Ranger63

Hi Members
A friend of mine is having installed on his 05 Ultra, a tuner that has the wide band sensors, the installor says they put the sensors in the pipes, and the unit does the rest, no dyno, and always the correct fuel mixture, no matter what changes are made to the air intake, exhaust and even cams.... no dyno, just plug in and go.
Does this system get rid of the restricting EPA values of the bike, will he gain horsepower and torque ? Are these units as good as a well tuned bike with tuner on a dyno ?
Your input is always appriciated, Thanks :)

Are these units as good as a well tuned bike with tuner on a dyno ?
Your input is always appriciated, Thanks :)

They can be. It all depends how you are able to DEFINE what A/F ratio you want.
Will he be changing out his factory Delphi ECM. What is the name of the system and who makes it.

Thanks Hobbit, It gets installed on Friday, shall let you know the model. The sales dude says install in about 1/2 hour, never said anything about changing the ecm unit... being sold thru the Harley shop.
Are you saying that, having this wide band unit is better than a HDSuper tuner with proper dyno... ?

Don't forget the cost either. A thunder max auto can set you back $900 or so. I met a guy at a bike show that had a dyno and he recommended the Thunder Max. He did the other tuners but said the Thunder max was the way to go.

Don't forget the cost either. A thunder max auto can set you back $900 or so. I met a guy at a bike show that had a dyno and he recommended the Thunder Max. He did the other tuners but said the Thunder max was the way to go.

That MAY be absolutely true. But when I hear something like that I want to know WHY he feels that way. Back it up with solid concrete reasons why and I am there. I can not tell you how many times I have heard that statement applied to anything in life. When I ask WHY, most of the time I hear fluff..

We all pay rent on public roads. Therefore I have a Dyno, you have a Dyno, we all have a Dyno.

Would you like me to tell you how Dyno's lie.?

Hoople, I did get allot of fluff when I asked. He was a big power commander pusher a couple of years ago and still sells them. The cost is about $600 less. I guess with the Thunder Max there is less time on the dyno. From what I understand all that has to be done is to get a map close to your set-up and the tuner will self adjust over the course of a couple hundred miles. I guess from his stand point he could probably put 5 thunder max units to one power commander in the same time. If one does the dyno correctly it takes some time. If one is off a bit with the Thunder Max the results will still be awesome. I'm sure it is a money thing for him. He can still give you a dyno with the Thunder Max and not have to put in as much time is my point. That is what I got from the fluff.

No dyno time if you have a thundermaxx unless you really want it .. the interface is easy to use and you can see the graphs of what its doing and it explains it to ya .. the true change is felt seat of the pants you can tell when its doing its thing

No dyno time if you have a thundermaxx unless you really want it .. the interface is easy to use and you can see the graphs of what its doing and it explains it to ya .. the true change is felt seat of the pants you can tell when its doing its thing

Right, It's a DIYer's tool.

It's a new ECM and new o2 sensors. I have over 11,000 miles on mine. You can tweak it for power or mileage.

Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) and Performance Parts for Harley Davidson and VTwin Motorcycles

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Hi Guys
The unit that my friend had installed is from Head Quarters, it has only one sensor ... its called a pro tuner.

Back