free website stats program WHY??? justanswer.com | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

WHY??? justanswer.com

Don't know about your computer but you won't find better info, tips and cameraderie than on this forum. I have made friends here, repaired my bike from info here and learned a ton about bikes, my bike in particular. If the knowledge that these people offer for free were to cost money, I couldn't afford it 'cause it's all from hands on experience and 'it don't get better than that'

Don't know about your computer but you won't find better info, tips and cameraderie than on this forum. I have made friends here, repaired my bike from info here and learned a ton about bikes, my bike in particular. If the knowledge that these people offer for free were to cost money, I couldn't afford it 'cause it's all from hands on experience and 'it don't get better than that'

Wow, that is cool, Thanks Murf, tou are right it dont get any better than this:p

Good morning, mrgarlic here. Yesterday I googled a question and was directed to your site. I found my answer immediately, so I was anxious to sign up and find more discussions. This morning I was very quickly redirected to "justanswer.com". Is that standard practice on this forum? I started answering question until I was asked for money. If I have to pay to participate on this forum, I am gone.

Try to remember where you were or what you were looking at here when this happened. We have had some unscrupulous people here that embedded links in their messages directing members to other sites. If this is happening, we (the Moderators) want to find those perpetrators and ban them from the site.

Thank you for your help to monitor the site and keep it valuable to our loyal members.

TQ

I had gotten one in my computer a month ago called wordlife.com that hijacked the browser and it was redirecting. The computer shop picked out 48 items. They did switch me over from 'Internet Explorer' to Firefox with pop up blocker and I'm using McAfee.

That is why this is THE BEST ON THE NET. Nicely put.

Hey mrgarlic....lots of explanations or ideas in this thread! I see that you think you found the answer, but come on back to this thread and get to know us, and we get to know you. Finish this thread, start a new one, and start getting some great info and friendship here! :s

BRIAN

I had gotten one in my computer a month ago called wordlife.com that hijacked the browser and it was redirecting. The computer shop picked out 48 items. They did switch me over from 'Internet Explorer' to Firefox with pop up blocker and I'm using McAfee.

As an engineer in a small computer shop i end up doing a lot of virus/malware clearing from customers computers and so far i have found that mcafee is not particularly effective
Norton internet security backed up with regular scans with malwarebytes seems to be a good combination

Brian

Good morning, mrgarlic here. Yesterday I googled a question and was directed to your site. I found my answer immediately, so I was anxious to sign up and find more discussions. This morning I was very quickly redirected to "justanswer.com". Is that standard practice on this forum? I started answering question until I was asked for money. If I have to pay to participate on this forum, I am gone.

Mr Garlic...welcome to the HDTimeline forum. The redirect was because in Google you clicked on a link that had cookies and hijacking software built in that infected your browser and substituted their site as your "HOME" website when logging in. I would pack up the PC desktop or laptop you have and take it to Staples or similar and have their local TECH scrub your hard disk and install Norton Internet Security (they offer the scrubbing service for FREE...and the Norton software is perhaps $19 (less with sales discount coupon) and will save you tons of time and searching for the fan out type destruction those virus/hijacker/spam programs have installed themselves throughout your PC...! Take your medicine or be stuck with it!:newsmile016:

If you went to "Ask a Harley Mechanic Now" you will be required to pay for the answer, at least the one time I went there I was. The rest of the forum is free.

Back