free website stats program Why, just why??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Why, just why???

ugocon

I ordered today the parts for the passenger pillion and backrest for my Street Bob.
I also need the passenger footpeg support kit.
I asked the price to my dealer before Xmas and it was $69.95 for this single part code 50210-06. (I use dollars as currency in this post just not to suffer too much using Euro, that is WAY much more expensive... and it's what I pay for real! :newsmile08:)

Today the dealer recalculated the price, and all parts kept the same price than before Xmas EXCEPT the passenger footpeg support kit!
HD changed the part number to 49088-09 and the price almost doubled: $119.95 !!!

Believe me: the piece is EXACTLY the same!!!

The question is: WHY, JUST WHY???

:newsmile055:

Ciao
Ugo

P.S. I checked over the Internet and unfortunately my dealer wasn't mistaken.... :(

UGOCON, hate to say it, but this is not unusual. I buy & sell parts for equipment for a living. Manufacturers raise their prices at their discretion.
It is very common to see an increase when a new year starts. As Hobbit
did, if you have proof of a quoted price, sometimes the dealer will honor it for 30 - 60 days, but not always. Good Luck

Yes, I know they can do it...
But why changing the Part Number and almost doubling that item ONLY?

I'm pretty sure they could raise the price also on the old part number.

Anyway, on this item now they have a margin much higher than that obtained by the other parts whose price have been left unchanged.

Some Marketing mistery...

Bah!

Ciao
Ugo

It's unfortunate, but gotta blame the economy (supply - demand). Now it costs more to produce & ship everything so the dealers are forced to raise prices for off-setting their cost.

I went to my local deal the other day & saw new price labels over all the old ones & knew it was enevitable.

Ive ran into this myself, and there isnt alot you can do other than checking into other shops or suppliers

Oggi il concessionario ha ricalcolato il prezzo, e tutte le parti mantenuto lo stesso prezzo di prima di Natale SALVO pedane del passeggero kit di supporto! HD cambiato il numero di parte per 49.088-09 e il prezzo è quasi raddoppiato: $ 119.95!

............................ :swoon

here from me the prices of spare parts are fixed now for many years, and dealers cannot change them as you want!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back