free website stats program Why I Ride... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why I Ride...

thanks for the tease we are more than 90 miles away , and we have that four letter word on the ground up here so at least we keeping in the spirt.

I ride because I was hooked the first time my grandfather came from California to Texas on his Ultra. I was in kindergarten and remember it like it was yesterday (27 years ago) getting on the back of his bike and just riding. My mom didn't approve of bikes but always let us go. My grandfather has since passed on, but I will carry on his legend one mile at a time. I only hope that my children will keep it going. There is nothing in this world that I have found that will ever replace the feeling of mounting the bike and riding wherever the road takes me.

If I could explain, then you probably would not understand.............
Only those who ride know what I am talking about....

I suit for the weather and have changes in the bags. I like the fast idle of the warmup as I suit up, and drop the engine to snunk it in gear, gargling away on the cold moter.
4-5 miles up I may roll on a little more power and rev, still not trusting the idle at stops. I do some hard zigzag warmups to loosen the joints and check the gear fit and tightness. I look forward to the first pass of the day, and hope I can do it legal; otherwise just safely and quickly.
Once out in trhe country, I hunt for smaller roads with curves I can play on. I could care less about the scenery, I have suspension upgrades that allow me to zip them curves tightly. I could care less about the flowers; I have stage II mods with cams that make them disappear in the rearview.
I WANT to drop a gear and pass the slugs; I love picking the best line thru a sweeper, on the boards, and I also love having 1 or 2 guys of like skills riding with, knowing our crew signals and the rules we follow.

I suit for the weather and have changes in the bags. I like the fast idle of the warmup as I suit up, and drop the engine to snunk it in gear, gargling away on the cold moter.
4-5 miles up I may roll on a little more power and rev, still not trusting the idle at stops. I do some hard zigzag warmups to loosen the joints and check the gear fit and tightness. I look forward to the first pass of the day, and hope I can do it legal; otherwise just safely and quickly.
Once out in trhe country, I hunt for smaller roads with curves I can play on. I could care less about the scenery, I have suspension upgrades that allow me to zip them curves tightly. I could care less about the flowers; I have stage II mods with cams that make them disappear in the rearview.
I WANT to drop a gear and pass the slugs; I love picking the best line thru a sweeper, on the boards, and I also love having 1 or 2 guys of like skills riding with, knowing our crew signals and the rules we follow.

Even though your style of riding is different than mine, I get your meaning! It can be difficult to express yourself well in the written word, I think you've nailed it. Nicely Done!

Cheers!
Ferrous

Back