free website stats program Why I Ride... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why I Ride...

Well, whoever that guy was, he was spot on!
Well said
WAP.gif

Thanks. For me it may be difficult to explain - but, I really dont ride for any kind of therapy. I get my mind straight through Jesus. I ride because I like riding and I love feeling the bike and turning the throttle on and listening to it and letting her rip. No, Im not into 'speeding' and wreckless riding, just the 'feel' is what I enjoy.

Anyway, back at you 'wheel man' -- humm 'wheelman' - now ya know, that may be a good screenname or sumpin'!

Everybody, Ride safely and have fun doing it.

Bill

Thanks. For me it may be difficult to explain - but, I really dont ride for any kind of therapy. I get my mind straight through Jesus. I ride because I like riding and I love feeling the bike and turning the throttle on and listening to it and letting her rip. No, Im not into 'speeding' and wreckless riding, just the 'feel' is what I enjoy.

Anyway, back at you 'wheel man' -- humm 'wheelman' - now ya know, that may be a good screenname or sumpin'!

Everybody, Ride safely and have fun doing it.

Bill
What he said....... Really, it is something that brings my husband and i closer together, but aside from that, it is just a very relaxing thing to do, despite the dangers involved. I love feeling the different temperatures, seeing things along the roads with the wind coming at me...... I love seeing other bikers, changing leaves, stopping at a cool cafe, crossing state lines, being closer to what God has made. You know, I really think He wants me to ride.

from da blonde: nothing like being in the wind riding like you stole it all out, the therapy is free of charge, and yes the power between your legs is awsome rush, best of all is packing with best friend :D need therapy we be burning the moonlight candle LETS GO

Riding is more than just getting there. I may not feel like going to work, but when I ride my motorcycle, I'm happy when I get there.

:44:

My grandfather sat me on my great grandfathers Honda when I was 8 years old after he passed away. I ride because the first time he let go of the rear fender after running behind me I couldn't get off (legs were too short).

Seriously I get the same feeling every time I get on a bike. Thrilled to run till I get to the end of the ride.

I RIDE, I just ride about everywhere, anytime. It is good with freinds, my wife, or just me an God. I have been a motor head since as long as i can remember. Addicted to the sound of a strong motor. In need of the rush you feel when you can crack the trottle wide open, closing it for an instant as you grab another gear and again feel the rush, you feel the bike pulling you forward faster an faster, the sound of exhaust throbbing as the engine explodes with power. There's the freedoms you experience being in the wind, feeling the warmth of the sun or lack of it, the smell of a crisp morning in late fall when your truck is covered with frost and you are drawn to the garage where the beast begs to be free to get you to work or where ever. As winter sets in and there is 2 or 3 blocks of ice and frozen stuff that keeps the both of you longing to be free to ride again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ride for all the sensations it gives me. When I start her up, just feeling the idle slowly begin to slow down to a gentle lope. The feeling of being one with the road and nature. The rush when I get on it....or especially when I go down the highway and the wind is at my back and I can hear the motor and the pipes but not the wind. Also it feels pretty good when you pull into a parking lot and heads turn to see who is on that Harley. The feeling of attitude. Enough of this .... I'm going for a ride!!!:s

Back