free website stats program Why I Ride... | Harley Davidson Forums

Why I Ride...

Mongo1958

I have done this in the past but...

Why I Ride...
I love to ride.
I love the smell of nature and the forest as I ride through them.
I love the wind and sun in my face.
I love the taste of rain on my lips and ozone in my nostrils.
I love the night lights in my eyes and the head lights in my mirrors.
I love the wind against my chest.
I love to ride because it heals me.
I love to ride because... I love to ride.
I love to ride...

Please add your reasons why you love to ride.
WAP.gif

I find it is a release from stress. When on an open country road I get a feeling of freedom and solitude. I do most of my deep thinking on the bike and I'm in my own private little world inside my helmet. Also, unlike in a car, I can stop close to a lakeside and enjoy the smell and sound of nature.

It's also great for getting through traffic jams.

i ride to live as its a way of life that is in my blood the freedom and choice to be one with nature, calms the soul and mind

When I bought my FIRST bike - a 1959 Sportster back in 1968, the guy that sold it to me (he owned several Harleys) said something like this - Hey Bill, once you throw your leg over that bike and feel the horsepower between your legs (dont laugh here, that IS what he said) you will become hooked and then you will become a "wheel man". Anyway, as trite as that may sound, think about it. I really do love to throw my leg over my Heritage now and start it up and ride. I love riding because I love motorcycles and because I think after that first bike, I did become a "wheel man" ....... as I expect many folks here are "wheel men" too.

Bill

It keeps me sane......like the saying goes...you never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office:s

To me, it's like everyone else is looking for something and I've already found it! That's where part of my smile comes from!:breakdance

When I bought my FIRST bike - a 1959 Sportster back in 1968, the guy that sold it to me (he owned several Harleys) said something like this - Hey Bill, once you throw your leg over that bike and feel the horsepower between your legs (dont laugh here, that IS what he said) you will become hooked and then you will become a "wheel man". Anyway, as trite as that may sound, think about it. I really do love to throw my leg over my Heritage now and start it up and ride. I love riding because I love motorcycles and because I think after that first bike, I did become a "wheel man" ....... as I expect many folks here are "wheel men" too.

Bill
Well, whoever that guy was, he was spot on!
Well said
WAP.gif

Back