free website stats program Why I needed this bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why I needed this bike

wow only 985 miles!!enjoy your new bike!!
I had ridden bikes through most of my youth and probably owned 10 throughout my life but never a Harley. A friend let us borrow his ultra for a weekend and I decided that I might buy a bike sometime in the future.

Last spring I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and had surgery in late spring. At 50 and after recovery I decided “what am I waiting for again?”, and started looking for a bike.

Tried the Heritage because I though they were great looking bikes (and they are). But after driving 2 or 3 I realized the Heritage was just not the bike for me. I am 6,2 at about 230lbs and the Heritage seat was uncomfortable for the wife. I realized that what I really want is the Ultra Classic.

Last Sunday I found a 07 on Craig’s List in San Antonio from a guy that lost his job and needed to bail. Picked the bike up with 985 miles for $16000. The bike still has tire nubs.

Brought it home last night after the 200 mile run to SA. Very little rain there or back as I brought the UC home on a trailer. Rode from the edge of town to the house. Got 3 miles from the house and along came a downpour. The last time I rode my new UC was in the tourential rainstorm.

Thats alright. Clear with a high of 80 today.
Bob

Thanks Guys

after my first full day of riding. some with my buddies and some with my wife. I was impressed.
here's to the stangest life I've ever know
Bob

Re: Thanks Guys

Welcome Bobcat316...you are not a stranger anymore...lots of riders here to share the joy of riding with the wind in your face...the smile ear to ear says it all! :D

Thats what its all about good luck on beating cancer and welcome

Congrats on the new bike Bob.Hope your recovery goes well.I guess now your going through the "I should have done this years ago" stage.Best Wishes!

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your new bike..ride it every chance you get, the more you ride the less time you have to add chrome..:)

Back